M1100 c3 syncro drive

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just want some feed back on how the kit is working before I buy one.
I doubt you will find any feedback on how it is working, as the first production kits for the M1100T will be shipping in about a week - I know this because I have one on order, and have been talking to C3 all winter during development. If it is anything like the previous syncrodrive offerings from C3, it will be an excellent upgrade to the sled and better then the OEM unit with the auto tensioner. C3 (and CMX) have been using belt drives for a long time with good results, don't confuse the quality between them and Polaris's Quickdrive belt unit - really no comparison. I will post an evaluation once I have some miles on it, but a fair product evaluation won't likely be completed until late in the season, as work has me hopping right now - haven't ridden in over a month :(

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are you doing any upgrades to the jack shaft as well?
No, stock jackshaft. I already have OSP's jackshaft support, polyurethane engine mounts, & engine snubber, Belanger Racing belt guard, and Team Tied secondary. I've not had any chaincase related issues or blown belts, only 500 miles on the sled (mountain riding only). Sucks to lose reverse, but I'm dumping another 11 lbs off the sled, and some rotating mass. Heck, my last mod M had diamond lite drive, never really missed reverse on it...Worst case scenario is I put the stock chaincase back on if I'm not happy with it.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you lose reverse with this kit? My buddy blew his up today lol anyone ever blow a gear box up on their m1100? Hes on number 3 now
Yes, you loose reverse. No big deal to me, was riding sleds long before they had reverse, and never used it much on the last 6 sleds.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are you doing any upgrades to the jack shaft as well?[/QUOTE
Koby, I should mention that the C3 drive for the M1100 comes with a new jackshaft in the kit. Kevin is shipping it out today, will be back home on the 18th to install, first ride on March 22 with the new drive, will post results.

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are you doing any upgrades to the jack shaft as well?[/QUOTE
Koby, I should mention that the C3 drive for the M1100 comes with a new jackshaft in the kit. Kevin is shipping it out today, will be back home on the 18th to install, first ride on March 22 with the new drive, will post results.

I'll be real interested to hear how it works for ya.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll be real interested to hear how it works for ya.
Koby, I took the 1100T out for a few days in McBride, got back last night. Snow conditions were like mashed potatoes, heavy & wet - a good time to test the durability of the belt drive, especially when combined with the 3" track.
The C3 system allows the motor to spool up quicker, and IMHO make the sled feel "lighter" - I suspect this is due to less rotating mass. I beat the crap out of it and can honestly say I would buy another one - I found no downsides in performance, and it certainly is tougher then the stock chaincase setup. Losing reverse wasn't a big deal to me, but for some it is a deal breaker. I suspect Kevin will be selling a ton of these kits for modded M1100's in the future...

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Koby, I took the 1100T out for a few days in McBride, got back last night. Snow conditions were like mashed potatoes, heavy & wet - a good time to test the durability of the belt drive, especially when combined with the 3" track.
The C3 system allows the motor to spool up quicker, and IMHO make the sled feel "lighter" - I suspect this is due to less rotating mass. I beat the crap out of it and can honestly say I would buy another one - I found no downsides in performance, and it certainly is tougher then the stock chaincase setup. Losing reverse wasn't a big deal to me, but for some it is a deal breaker. I suspect Kevin will be selling a ton of these kits for modded M1100's in the future...

I aslo just finished installing my modded 1100T with the C3 belt drive, have only had it out for alittle test ride around. Im off to Revy Sunday for a week so will have lots of seat time with this system and looking forward to it based on what Oneoldfart has mentioned about the belt drive.

Top Bottom