m1000 twin pipes

cobbycat

Reaction score
anyone having any luck with twin pipes on the m1000. I have found a set for a good price but would like some input on how they work, and what you have done to set them up. my sled is an 08 and the pipes are cpc/jaws. thanks.

ajay

Reaction score
I would ask Dale at CPC if he runs them on any stock sleds. I am guessing on a 1200 and or ported sled they are a bennifit but require lots of tunning to run at altitude. I had a set of D&D twins that were on a 07 M1000. They ran awesome at 2500' and under. But at altitude they were simply hard to tune. I had spent 2 seasons trying just about everything to get them good at altitude and finally gave up for a speedwerxs pipe and neils silencer setup. IMO the twins didn,t have enough back pressure for stock setup, possibly too large outlets on the stingers into muffler. just my experience.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A freind of mine runs the exact twin pipes with a ported '07 m1000 motor that you are talking about. The thing that i dont like is the fact that he has it set-up well one day and then the next day it warms up and he has to adjust his boondocker box again. I run an "08 M1000 with a speedwerx y-pipe and pipe, a couple intake changes, 3 degree timing key. The main difference between the two sleds is his motor is ported and i have a camoplast extreme track and he has a stock '07 track. we did a couple of drag races up a hill just the other day and i beat him by like 2 sled lengths each time. This is just my findings and opinion.

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I was a bettin guy 800 pipes would work awsome at altitude on a 1000. I would open up the stingers about 2mm though.

Top Bottom