M series cats vs. Pro series RMK

tripin'pipe

Reaction score
Funny this came up, Just got rid of my 2012 pro for a 2010 RG intercooled M8. I paid less for the cat with the turbo kit then what I sold my pro for. I know have more $$ into it as I have added somethings onto it that I like, still a couple more things to do to get it where I want it. Couple things I have found (non biased opinion), keep in mind I am still getting use to the chassis;
-pro is substantially lighter, to the point where I was never worried about diggin it out by myself, the cat... can be done but more digging required.
-pro climbed outta the snow WAY better (this could be partially due to some turbo lag).
-cat side hills close to the pro, but takes alittle more effort to get there.
-hard to compare power when one is turboed and one was stock.
-the small fuel tank on the cat is a bit of a PITA. gotta carry a 20 ish liter jerry for long deep days.
-there are times when I miss my pro for ease and ridability, then i spool the cat up and all is forgotten.
-if money isn't an issue, I would take a well tuned pro over a well tuned m-series, JMO, i havent found anything that suites MY riding style like the pro, the cat isn't to far off tho.

Keep in mind if thinking about a used turbo'd sled, take it for a ride in the mountains, or know who built it, or know how to tune and wrench. Lots of guys selling kits cause they cant get them runnin right and this will cause lots of headaches and $$ for you if your not careful.

So far, no regrets on the switch.
PM me if ya want any more detail or questions.

u say that the pro is liter and the cat has a tiny gas tank and u miss pro but then you have no regretts sounds like you just cant ride rite w/o a turbo

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
u say that the pro is liter and the cat has a tiny gas tank and u miss pro but then you have no regretts sounds like you just cant ride rite w/o a turbo

Typical FT.Mac, 2 posts in and you're already trying for a pissing match (i won't even mention your ability to spell:d). Congrats, but if your looking for the dick measuring contest try the Skidoo section, those guys are always looking to brag up there ****. you should fit right in.
Just stating facts, and I have 5 days on a turbo and 13 years on a stocker, so your assumption about my ability to ride is a moot point. But were all professional riders when sitting on the keyboard. ;)

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Typical FT.Mac, 2 posts in and you're already trying for a pissing match (i won't even mention your ability to spell:d). Congrats, but if your looking for the dick measuring contest try the Skidoo section, those guys are always looking to brag up there ****. you should fit right in.
Just stating facts, and I have 5 days on a turbo and 13 years on a stocker, so your assumption about my ability to ride is a moot point. But we're all professional riders when sitting on the keyboard. ;)

This is for the ski doo comment...........sorry......couldn't resist.....cheers

aderry

Reaction score
no way that the m8 beets a pro i just got a silber kit on my 13 pro and it floats over anthing if you want a heaver sled to dig out then get a m8 otherwise do up the pro ya it might not take the kit as good but u r goin to rebuild either one so go for the pro u wontt regret it

Stopped reading after Silber

Sent from my iPhone using

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey you guys, 2002 called and they want their opinions on turbo sleds back.........LOL.....there is no universal law that says turbo's have to be going 1000 MPH uphill. We don't all ride like we want to be in the next sled film.

My primary riding buddy is boosted and we never pull chutes, we are in the trees 80% of the day, until we get to a spot where all the stock sleds turn around, then we get to keep going. I seriously don't know who you guys are riding with but boosted sleds actually work well in the trees. They build track speed much quicker and allow you to get up and over things where stockers simply can't. They are a different animal at times but when you set them up for it, they can work extremely well. Key here is "the set up". Don't use a huge turbo that going to lag you out when you need it, etc etc. Here's some examples of boost in the trees.

Tswarm Boondocker Turbo Pro RMK Trestle Creek - YouTube

Turbo M8 in the U shape - YouTube
Sounds alright, looks like you might need a ski tug there tho...lol:beer:

Top Bottom