M-code vs Helium

Rust

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with both or either?? I've heard good things about the helium 30 stuff but wondering how the M-code stuff compares. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let you know me and a friend just bought mcode and helium only had today to compare but both seemed good. Need a lot of layers under the helium stuff it's thin

DooDoo

Reaction score
I bought the Helium 30 last year and it was an awesome jacket. Yes it's thin but being windproof it sure does keep the heat it. I rode McBride last year in -29 and all I had on under was a fleece jacket and I was plenty warm enough. I found last year I had the vents open all the time because i was getting to warm. I would recommend the Helium 30 for sure. Have no experience with the M-code but I have heard good things it as well. I just got the Helium pants and have yet to try them but if they are anything like the jacket, I'm sure they will be awesome.

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
I use the whole line. The helium 30 is lighter and a better waterproof/breathability rating with sympatex, I personally think it is the best jacket and pants in the Ski-Doo line for management. The jacket and pants have been redesigned much nicer, especially in the pants for this season. I do however love the color of the Mcode. The waterproofness is lower but I find it does not really matter as because of that it breathes well. I like that it has the insulated as part of it, but I take that out right away and use the insulated part to get to the hill and unload etc. then switch that jacket out for just the shell for riding and love it. The pants are slightly insulated and i am not a fan of insulation in jackets or pants as really a shell is just to protect you from the elements. I have been trying to get them to do a non-insulated version of the pants so hopefully that comes down the pipe soon. Because they are insulated they are heavier too over the helium 30. Last year I did not wear my helium much as it was black pants and black and orange piped jacket and once I wore the mode colours which i love I just hated wearing black. Now that the helium 30 comes int he bright yellow, i really love the color and function, but the mcode still beats it in looks. You really can't go wrong, but if your looking for the lightest and highest rated waterproof/breathable then that is helium, if you don't mind giving up a bit of waterproofness(that you might not even notice) and like the look and colours of mcode, then choose that. I also never thought I would like the onsie, as fit on most I see are way to big and baggy, however from the minute I tried on the Revy Suit I could not believe how good it fit me and how awesome it feels....my new go to kit for sure....hope that helps...mcode is a bit cheaper too and you get that bonus inner prima loft insulated jacket.

Rust

Reaction score
Thanks Norona. I like the Burnt Orange of the M-code but don't want any insulation. Have a Klim insulated jacket and it's way to hot! Might be time to change from black and grey too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom