lt 250r tire choices

g00d$p33d

Reaction score
I recently bought a 1987 lt250 that came with paddle tires which work extremely well in the muskeg hole known as medicine lake where I commonly ride but obviously they are not wearing well. I am looking for a tire such as the pure sports realtor which is a dirt tire with a sand like tread pattern ive seen a few guys with two smokers running tires which are similar but for the life of me I cant find the name for any ive heard the pure sports tire is really tough but extremely heavy. any one have input on this or any other suggestions

Last edited:

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holeshot HD's worked well on my banshee, but had a lot of sidebite so I had to be carefull, but they performed amazing in sandy, rocky, and slick mud.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get yourself a set of 22" Bearclaws Jesse...they're about the best all around tire for a sport quad. They're a little heavier than stock, so you may have to go up a couple teeth in the rear sprocket, but that noisy bastard is too fast anyway.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get yourself a set of 22" Bearclaws Jesse...they're about the best all around tire for a sport quad. They're a little heavier than stock, so you may have to go up a couple teeth in the rear sprocket, but that noisy bastard is too fast anyway.

X2

Bear claws have good side bite lug, perfect for sports quads , best all around tire

sent while I should be drinking tea's

g00d$p33d

Reaction score
Get yourself a set of 22" Bearclaws Jesse...they're about the best all around tire for a sport quad. They're a little heavier than stock, so you may have to go up a couple teeth in the rear sprocket, but that noisy bastard is too fast anyway.[/QUOTE do you think they will have the flotation in the skag

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's y bear claws work good

Best in the skid for a sports quad

The big side lug grabs

sent while I should be drinking tea's

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep for sure. They have a nice broad shoulder on them...plus you can run them with one or two psi. They keep their shape better than a Mudlite or Swamplite when you're heavy on the throttle. You're never going to get great performance out of a sport quad in the skeg, but the Bear Claws are about as good as you'll find.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had a 87 lt250R as well, I put spider tracks on it and they worked good. Then I went to relators, and really liked them. They are a heavier tire, but they are reversible. Once you get it worked out with which way works for you, they are a great tire and very tough!!! I tried bear claws, and they actually work better, backwards on the rim.

When I sold my 250r for my Banshee, relators were my first purchase

g00d$p33d

Reaction score
what did you like about the bearclaws vs the realtors and what did you dislike ... did you notice the realtors weight

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I really didn't like the bear claws, even though the wheel speed is there. They didn't seem to clean out fast enough, so I stayed with the relators.

Top Bottom