imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
images

Last edited:

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Today Onda, Kow, Donkey and I are doing the "Ghost Town" Calgary Motorcycle show,,, nill for traffic, empty city core, and folks wearing warm cloths pushing shopping carts... Sad indeed.

I've visited this city on/off for 42 years and hung my hat down here for 2 years, never have I seen so many lights turned off, empty streets, and for Sale signs every-where.

The big pineapple looks like it has hard-ships that my pops went threw in 1928 depression years followed by the 2nd kick in the britches of dirty-30's...

Any-who, one deals with cards at hand by working hard/smart, and taking time to enjoy the big & small things in life. This is what really counts as the Americas have drive to getter done.

Just checking in too this year's greatest show on earth in our small North/Western corner of Cow-Chip town that sits along the edges of our Eastern Slopes.

Yhe Ha,,, good times viewing the up-dates of power sports world America.

Reporting from cabin on wheels on one-way street going the Wright way / wrong way. Ha

Lem

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let's get ready too "Rubble."

Kow & donkey are ready too host the show of gooder times.

Kow has his eyes open looking for the new ride.

Donkey likes this alot.

Open the gates and lett'er buck. Hold on for daily up dates as we share in part of the dream.

Pals Kow, Donkey, and Lem

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, always a bigger part of the Americas for middle age Lem.

Donkey likes rodeo, but fears the spur. Ha

Sweeeeet ride for the Lem. Zoom Zoom. Ha

More of a tank guy.

Bit of works getting tracks too fit. LOL.

Last edited:

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ha, here's the gem.

Good times in any colour.

Lots of room for Kow & Donkey too bring their extra winter riding gear too.

Lem

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ha copy cat BMW look alike made by Ural.

Time to check out some beefy A-arms.

Or in yellow.

To door or not to door. Ha

And maybe the someday if we get approve from our Kows, Ha.
Needs to be 2200 lb tested in field.

Lots of candy this year, turn out is awesome too.

Nice too see and chat about the improvements of a power sports industry taking on the challanges of what us humans throw at it.

Old Onda farm quad for now, but nothing wrong with checking out the masses of technology at a show room near you.

Reporting from Calgary Stamped Grounds of WOW factor 101.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Found some power house gems at the show.
Our Kows will like these toys if things pan out. Ha
World famous Mule.

Festes would be proud of us.
And under the 10 Ğ mark.

Second runner up at close to same price is the Pioneer.

Its all about slow farm stuff as its nice to show up a feed bunk the same time as all the girls. LOL

Lem

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pumpkin is working double over time, Ha.

Thinking 2 or 3 years down the road.

Small motor, slow, easy maintance, and frugal price is our farm way of thinking.

Saved cash goes into travel as normal.
Not much good too us if there's no funds to explore.

Lem

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fiddle Fumbled camera at Calgary bike show, so no pictures on this outing.

Deffinatly had the chill in the morning air West of Sundre.
Way more snow down here then Rocky Mountain House area.

Tried 2 track drive as it did not pan out at all, "as expected that was no surprise. From end becomes a plow in the medium pack too soft snow,,, & powered up rear pumpkin gets those back tracks spinning,,, lots of zip with no momentum. Ha.

Trails were in awesome condition, guessing that the creeks out there in the area I was in are rock bottom in most areas,,, so crossing them was a breeze." Nice deep amount of snow with winds filled them in."

Wind drifts on West/ East cut-lines made for some challenging sections, and they were fun too plow threw in other spots.

Little farm Onda had enough Um-Fa to slug threw most of them, but the odd ones give me a chance to use the snow shovel too back out of. LOL.

Side hill backing out is tricky,,, shovel out at low side 35 too 45 degree angle as the weight of leaning unit will fall that way. "Lesson Learned."

Finally warmed up by late afternoon, just in time for loading Onda Snow-Ball. Ha.

Extra snow is extra fluff, full time rain suit from this day forth.

Learning new on each outting as its a totally new way of adventure then a snowmobile,,, a sled can power threw anything I was on,,, "as expected too."

Looking for next weekend outting right now, Friday night after work is go time.

Winter time is awesome since every cut and pipe line is open too travel on,,, Utility Terrain Vehicle "Honda Fram Quad" is now taking this on from here on in.

Lem

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lem, when you overnight it have you ever thought of covering the tracks with snow? I wonder if it would help keep everything from freezing. We left the ranger in the bush overnight, in 30'' s of snow. Was a rodeo!!

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your paws aren't lined up with your body, and theres hair in your eyes, then its time to get out of the house and ride. Ha.

This weekends outting is "Walking with Wolves" since some movie dude took over the Running part,,, like my gramps says, why run and miss the important stuff when we can walk along slow and take in the wilds.

Another bests night sleepy sleep under the moon & stars as I view them from the comfort of my warm cozy cabin on wheels.

Found a dead-end cut-line too park the rig as I rested in the warmth of my -60c Artic Bark-sack with windows down too listen too the Moose chewing on willows, Ha,,, hoped they didn't stick their noodles in the cab and munch down on Kow and Donkey. LOL.

Quick turn of the key adds too awesome way too warm up the cabin too change too warm dry winter gear and morning cup of coffee in the back seat lazy dude set up in back seat,,, crazy calling it that since the extenda cab back section was turned into a full time rec-center with world wide web and passages side kitchen.

Yuppers, frugal unit too and from as I live the quality of life with less that is 1000's of times better than many have around our planet,,, lucky to have what I have,,, and enjoy it well I can.

Pal Lem reporting from the base of Gray stone mountains at -4c temps.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One big area

So narrowing down the day spot is worth the adventure.

First seen this area in a 1970 Ford F-150 with pops, been returning on and off over the 40 + years.

Always new every-time I return. This will be the 2nd time to date that I'll see it logged as we humans "try" too keep forest fires at bay,,, old dead growth seems too be unproductive for our furry critters we share the planet with, plus it allows new grasses and shrubb-lings too do their thing.

So lucky here in our Americas as we find a 50/50 balance between industry and papa earth,,, new plantation will help with breathing up some of that carbon tax, LOL.

Just getting under-way a life's awesome adventures that all of us can choose to do,,, glad I over nighted in the playground which makes for a early start.

Lem

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Logged on some miles in sticky snow as theres no need for brakes in this stuff, Windy in the open area but still a awesome weekend too be out.

Lots of Gray stone in this pass as theres open section of the creek flowing.

Cut-lines are good too go.

Kow & Donkey got a chance to warm up at the fire before lunch.

More for tomorrow as the cabin on wheels was calling me to return for early morning start.

Tracks go places that my tires and chains struggled with. Darn good tool for these outtings.

Lem

Top Bottom