Looking to spread the word

Ryano

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As everone knows the People of Slave Lake were hit by a wildfire and a lot of people lost their homes. One of these people affected by the fire was my sister and her family the lost there house and all their belongings. Here is where it get's frustrating they have been fighting with their insurance ever since, they are so typical Canadian in the way they have been dealing with the insurance adjuster in that they are so polite it makes my teeth hurt. I have told them that the gloves need to come off but they are takeing all the chit the insurance adjuster tells them as gospel. They have not recieved a single response from them on content's, and it has been months, they have been told that both the quotes that have been submited for approval have been turned down, and they have checked with other building companies and have been told that their quotes are more than resonable. I would love to help them out but don't know where to start. Can anyone here give me some advice on how I can stir up the most chit with the insurance company or the public so as to show them that they can not bulldoze people. The Insurance company that I am speaking about is TD insurance. Thanks Ryan

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As everone knows the People of Slave Lake were hit by a wildfire and a lot of people lost their homes. One of these people affected by the fire was my sister and her family the lost there house and all their belongings. Here is where it get's frustrating they have been fighting with their insurance ever since, they are so typical Canadian in the way they have been dealing with the insurance adjuster in that they are so polite it makes my teeth hurt. I have told them that the gloves need to come off but they are takeing all the chit the insurance adjuster tells them as gospel. They have not recieved a single response from them on content's, and it has been months, they have been told that both the quotes that have been submited for approval have been turned down, and they have checked with other building companies and have been told that their quotes are more than resonable. I would love to help them out but don't know where to start. Can anyone here give me some advice on how I can stir up the most chit with the insurance company or the public so as to show them that they can not bulldoze people. The Insurance company that I am speaking about is TD insurance. Thanks Ryan

I had a major flood in our basement a few years ago and had to deal with this. My advice is to be aggressive with them if the polite method does not work. I did so and found the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Also, is the adjuster an independent or works for TD? If he is an independent I believe you can ask for another guy.

Ryano

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I told them to request a new adjuster but they were told that it was to far into the process but as far as I can see they have not provided my sister with anything yet dispite having asked for info numerous times so how far into the process is the insurance company

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey bro, human interest stories with the new's media i.e. T.V. ones usually take off like wild fire (pardon the pun). Get a hold of the local news media in Edmonton and see who's interested in the straight goods and let them do an expose for a story.....

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Yep,what Dale said;call the troubleshooter.

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

Ryano

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks CP tried to find those numbers today but the company filter kept blocking me

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make the call and see if you can get something set up. The people in Slave are getting royally screwed from the insurance companies........

Thanks CP tried to find those numbers today but the company filter kept blocking me

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you wish I can email them both for you to get the ball rolling.............

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
i have heard td it a b1tch to deal with.....great rates but when chit hits the fan the dont want to pay.....best of luck and like the otehrs said.....be vocal and get it out there, they will respond when it starts to effect their name and their bottom line

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When my truck was broken into (I know apples to oranges here) it took TD roughly a month to get back to me. After several voicemails and me demanding to talk to a manager I got ahold of the goon adjuster and he flat out told me he dropped the ball. Looking back I should've tore a strip off him but it sounded like his "team leader" aka manager reamed him out already. TD is the chits when it comes to loss claims.

I'd be calling the troubleshooter number like others have suggested and call TD and tell them you want to deal with the adjusters boss. When it's everything a person owns and their home on the line, that is unacceptable in my book.

I hope they get it sorted out soon.

Top Bottom