looking for XP 08 or 09

Polar_RMK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
guy says warranty only up to 4000km and sled already has 5000, so no warranty left. Disappointing a bit, but price is so good. No spare belt as well.

Polar_RMK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didn't check compression. Had no gauges, started sled it sounds good and runs well. Stock can is very big&quiet, guy said replacing can on aftermarket will dis-balance the sled. Can was made purposely heavy to counter-balance clutch from left side.
I have no idea, but seems as he is right.
Also sled has no electrical start. Too bad for my wife. She can't pull that rope.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
guy says warranty only up to 4000km and sled already has 5000, so no warranty left. Disappointing a bit, but price is so good. No spare belt as well.

Didn't think there was a km warranty just time .
Someone will chime in on that.
I have a 2012 x that I bought with 3000 Kms and still has warranty till Nov 2014 on engine.

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didn't check compression. Had no gauges, started sled it sounds good and runs well. Stock can is very big&quiet, guy said replacing can on aftermarket will dis-balance the sled. Can was made purposely heavy to counter-balance clutch from left side.
I have no idea, but seems as he is right.
Also sled has no electrical start. Too bad for my wife. She can't pull that rope.
I could be mistaken but don't all those sleds come with the flywheel already bolted to the back of the primary clutch so puttin ES on it shouldn't be that big a deal really and then your wife won't have to pull the rope. Easy solution if you don't mind spending the cash.

Polar_RMK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks DDrake, in addition to ES i need battery, wiring and harness.
Whole starter kit about 580CAN on skidoo webpage.
Yesterday, I look both sleds Summit and RMK on Ghost lake, just for a test ride.
Surprisingly for me, skidoo doesn't have power comparing to RMK.
Both sleds have approx the same mileage 4000km and both 800cc.
RMK pulls much harder, Skidoo accelerates smoothly and finally gets RMK. Skidoo has less vibration very quite and doesn't get overheated unlike RMK does.
Next week-end I will take both sleds to Golden, though don't know which route to chose. My wife is a beginner not sure how well she drives.

Attachments

• 4_n.jpg
    4_n.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 81
  • 3_n.jpg
    3_n.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks DDrake, in addition to ES i need battery, wiring and harness.
Whole starter kit about 580CAN on skidoo webpage.
Yesterday, I look both sleds Summit and RMK on Ghost lake, just for a test ride.
Surprisingly for me, skidoo doesn't have power comparing to RMK.
Both sleds have approx the same mileage 4000km and both 800cc.
RMK pulls much harder, Skidoo accelerates smoothly and finally gets RMK. Skidoo has less vibration very quite and doesn't get overheated unlike RMK does.
Next week-end I will take both sleds to Golden, though don't know which route to chose. My wife is a beginner not sure how well she drives.

WOW. That surprises me also as the XM hp rating is around 20 higher than the RMK. I run a 2010 M8 and I have ridden an XM once for a short while in a field and it seemed to have good power. Can't offer an opinion on the RMK as I have never rode one. Enjoy your trip, Ride safe and have fun.

summitized

Reaction score
my friend has one 09 I think it has 1300km on it......I think he wants 8900 its mint still has factory windshield on it his name is wade #5872810164

Polar_RMK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW. That surprises me also as the XM hp rating is around 20 higher than the RMK. I run a 2010 M8 and I have ridden an XM once for a short while in a field and it seemed to have good power. Can't offer an opinion on the RMK as I have never rode one. Enjoy your trip, Ride safe and have fun.

After jumping to XM from PRO, first thoughts were something wrong with an engine (running on one cylinder, luck of fuel, etc). No vibration, engine did run very quiet. Then did the throttle and realized its accelerates, but way differently from PRO. PRO has more muscles and all power withing very narrow RPM band. Unlike PRO, XM has its power linearly distributed over relatively wide RPM band.
XM also lucks throttle response, more exactly there is delay between pushing the throttle and engine reaction.
Hope everything is ok with my XM.
Another observation: I keep my XM in enclosed trailer outside. Today was -25, and I want to start it. Dummit it was hard to pull that rope

Polar_RMK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks buddy, I did grab 2013, for 7500. Now trying to understand how that things works :)

Polar_RMK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If anyone goes to Golden next week-end we would like to join. We never been riding there, don;t know that area.
Another option - Cataract Creek

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i had an 08 and it was a good machine. they had belt problems till they changed the belt. some had gauge problems and there was a recall on some drive shafts. personally id look for 10 up. as 08 was the first yr platform and they only got better.

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After jumping to XM from PRO, first thoughts were something wrong with an engine (running on one cylinder, luck of fuel, etc). No vibration, engine did run very quiet. Then did the throttle and realized its accelerates, but way differently from PRO. PRO has more muscles and all power withing very narrow RPM band. Unlike PRO, XM has its power linearly distributed over relatively wide RPM band.
XM also lucks throttle response, more exactly there is delay between pushing the throttle and engine reaction.
Hope everything is ok with my XM.
Another observation: I keep my XM in enclosed trailer outside. Today was -25, and I want to start it. Dummit it was hard to pull that rope
We were in Valemount the first weekend in December and on Saturday morning it was -35 on the gauge on the truck. We had to pull some plugs on the sleds and pull them over to loosen em up . Only way we could get em started. This was after we put them in a heated shop of course. Still had a good ride. Just a late start.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you're gonna buy an 08 or 09 I'd make sure it comes with upgrades. Many have new engine, S36, t-motion, etc... You shouldn't pay more than about $6000 IMO.

Also keep I'm mind the 2014 summit sport 800r 154" is about $10,000 new and comes with most upgrades the XM chassis has.

Top Bottom