Looking for updated on Sicamous

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any updates on Snow Conditions for Sicamous? Planning a trip for this weekend would like to know what to expect. Wondering if the slides have let up at all yet as well.

Free Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was up Owlhead on Sunday. Some good tree riding with lots of untouched but most of it is quite tracked up. Most of the hills have slid in the last week so I imagine the avy situation should be alot safer by the weekend but make sure and check the avy report before you come.

TMAC

Reaction score
No fresh last week...I was there from Wed. to Sun. Blue lake was ok, but some slides reported. Some rough bare patches on the way up. We were told to not even attempt Eagles, and Owls was hard to get at depending on what U are hauling. Decks and small trailers are the way to go. We spent 2 days @ Hunters range by Enderby. It was worth the drive.

sicamous

Best Western Sicamous Inn
Reaction score
Website
www.sicamousinn.ca
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sledding is still going strong in Sicamous. Looks like we'll get more fresh tonight! Here is the parking situation:
Queest: Park at 6.5k lot, room for trailers
Owlhead: Park trailers at 7k lot, pick-ups can go higher
Blue Lake: Can turn around trailers at 6.5k (leave turn around open for others) and pick-ups can go higher
Eagle Pass: Parking around 7k - some gravel between 8 and 9

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. I am heading out Thursday Night for the weekend hope to find some fresh snow.

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Looking for update on Sicamous

Rode Blue Lake on Friday and Hunters Range on Saturday. Blue skie days with untracked snow at both areas. The snow from the previous weekend had settle out alot. It was anywhere from 6 inches to 10 inches of heavy fresh snow. Parking for both areas was between 7 and 8km. We did see one hill at Hunters that had slid but it was very steep and I would expect it would slide regularly.

SHIFTmx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any updates for Sicamous area. Will be up there easter weekend, hoping for some sunshine.

xpsledneck

Reaction score
Rode queest on sat april 3 and it was awsome only about 8 sleds up there and we rode in untouched pow all day 2' in most places not spring conditions except for the drive in the truck to 8k.

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode queest on sat april 3 and it was awsome only about 8 sleds up there and we rode in untouched pow all day 2' in most places not spring conditions except for the drive in the truck to 8k.

Yup that was the same for I rode blue lake April 4th again 2-3' in some places was my best day every. Going out for one last run may long if anyone needs a riding buddy let me know!

white rad

Reaction score
thinking about one more "last hhuurraaahhhh" ride in sicamous next weekend. CAC says above freezing temps all the way to mountain tops this weekend with precip falling as rain:( not sure if its worth it sounds like conditions will be wicked melt-freeze and sun crust will wait and see what happens next week. is parking generally above the 7km spots now?

Top Bottom