Looking for good deals on gear

halligan

Reaction score
Hi everyone, new to sledding and looking for a good place to buy gear online. I've done a bit of searching and motorcycle superstore seems to have some good deals, free shipping. Where do you guys shop online? Know of any good deals out there? Any info is much appreciated

Thx

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ONline is fine but it is better to try stuff on if you can. The prices of some gears is pretty high. it would suck to spend a pile of cash and have stuff that doesnt fit right

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for some new gear as well. reasonable prices and good selection here but as TRW1 says not the best idea to buy on line for fit reasons.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On Tuesday Morning Give Brook a Call at Main Jet 250 352 3191. We have some left over stuff from years before we're clearing out. I know there is a full HMK suit in xl some Klim and some Motorfist.

You can PM Out Back Girl here as well if you need more info.

Have a great day!

halligan

Reaction score
Thanks guys, much appreciated. I was hoping to try some stuff on here locally and shop around online. I usually like to buy local, however I just bought a 2012 summit from my dealer and they don't have any left over gear, so it's online this time round.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
While we are on the clothing subject. What do you look for when buying a warm sled jacket? How is the warmth of the jacket measured? How do you know what you are buying?

Sorry to highjack the thread Halligan.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I talked to my daughter this morning when I was leaving for work. Apparently she has been replying to your pms even when she was at home. She pretty much has the inventory memorized, so On Tuesday I'll help her figure out shipping costs, and in the event we have someone traveling to your area, we'll try to send your purchases with them.

564505_403523529704591_2030778772_n.jpg

Here's my little super girl at work. Thanks for your support peeps!

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
While we are on the clothing subject. What do you look for when buying a warm sled jacket? How is the warmth of the jacket measured? How do you know what you are buying?

Sorry to highjack the thread Halligan.

Highfly, concentrate on the Layering system. If you look at either Klim or Motorfist you will see the warmth and functionality of these brands is hard to beat. Your Mid Layer will really be the one determining the degree of warmth you incorporate. Your outer shell should be waterproof, windproof and breathable. For the Midlayer there are a few different choices each of these brands have. A thicker fleece or even a down mid layer will give you HUGE warmth factor, that the average mountain rider would see as overkill. A midlayer still fleece, for example the Motorfist Hydrophobic fleece is the type of midlayer which provides a perfect amount of warmth and breathability preventing the accumulation of sweat. If you are riding on trails, perhaps look into a jacket that is insulated. Some companies have a removable insulated layer to accommadate both types of ride style. If you have any more questions give us a call.
250-352-3191

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for some new gear as well. reasonable prices and good selection here but as TRW1 says not the best idea to buy on line for fit reasons.
LMAO. I was wondering who TRW1 was then it clicked in. I so smrt.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Highfly, concentrate on the Layering system. If you look at either Klim or Motorfist you will see the warmth and functionality of these brands is hard to beat. Your Mid Layer will really be the one determining the degree of warmth you incorporate. Your outer shell should be waterproof, windproof and breathable. For the Midlayer there are a few different choices each of these brands have. A thicker fleece or even a down mid layer will give you HUGE warmth factor, that the average mountain rider would see as overkill. A midlayer still fleece, for example the Motorfist Hydrophobic fleece is the type of midlayer which provides a perfect amount of warmth and breathability preventing the accumulation of sweat. If you are riding on trails, perhaps look into a jacket that is insulated. Some companies have a removable insulated layer to accommadate both types of ride style. If you have any more questions give us a call.
250-352-3191

Very well said, I personally wear motorfist and the jacket is so unbelievably light and warm.Their is nothing to it you would never think that it would be warm but the secret is how the jacket breathes it's all in your mid layer, on a cold day I wear my fleece, every other day all I wear is my motorfist shell. I had to spend the night overnight on a mountain During a storm last winter and I stayed warm and dry through The crazyiest storm you could ever imagine thanks to great gear. I felt absolutely sick to my stomache that I was warm and dry and another guy in our group was soaked all the way through. Do yourself a favour and don't cheap out on the gear. It may possibly save your life. Listen to Moma's advice she knows what she is talking about. I would personally not buy any other gear then motorfist or Klim they are hands down far superior then any other gear on the market.

cokecrazed007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only buy motorist or klim, if you buy anything else you are just wasting your money. I know this from trial and error. I've bought gear that I thought was as good as klim or motorist because it was cheaper, but I was never happy with it.

Sent from my SGH-I717D using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I bought year old HMK Stealth gear from a guy her on S&M, in our classifieds. Not to take away from MOMMA or any other SV of this site, but take a minute to look around...... there is some good deals to be had here.
If you are going new, and seeing how you are chatting with Trish. Or her daughter, you will not go wrong in your dealings with her!!!

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same as what others have said........spend the extra money on motorfist or klim. Worth EVERY penny. Nothing better than being warm and dry ALL the time.

halligan

Reaction score
Well I think it's safe to say I will definitely be buying klim or motorist gear for sure. For me safety is #1. @ momma, I will give the shop a call next week. I would really like to try on some of the gear as I am usually a large or extra large, but neve know until I try a specific product. Thank you all for your input, Much appreciated.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I think it's safe to say I will definitely be buying klim or motorist gear for sure. For me safety is #1. @ momma, I will give the shop a call next week. I would really like to try on some of the gear as I am usually a large or extra large, but neve know until I try a specific product. Thank you all for your input, Much appreciated.

Welcome :)
Motorfist has Tall sizes too. The arms and legs have ample room, and the way they are sewn provides mobility in the arms without losing length. Cool! I look forward to your call.
I'm almost totally out of last years Motorfist stock, I have a little bit of Klim left. The new 2013 is on its way!! We're so excited. The neat thing about Motorfist, if you do buy online, they'll credit the dealer closest to you, another way for everyone to help support their local economy.

Any questions at all, especially questions about sizing give Brook or I a call.

Have a wonderful night.

Trish :)

Last edited:

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much for the info..... so when you say a bit more expensive what are we talking about price wise, ball park..... Jacket and pants.

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much for the info..... so when you say a bit more expensive what are we talking about price wise, ball park..... Jacket and pants.

Well for brand new gear Klim or motorfist youd be looking anywhere from $370-450 for a jacket and $370-$480 for bib pants. At least that's the price range I kinda noticed last year. For the mid layers the jacket and pants are around $100 each. Buy the good brands and you won't regret it. When you use the stuff you realize how high quality it is and worth every penny.

And if you're just new to mountain riding be sure to take an AST1 course and buy all your safety gear.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup Quintin you are smack right on with your pricing. Expect to get many years out of your higher quality wear, which has a warranty to make sure your product stays in tip top shape.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oo and because we are a dealer for both Motorfist and Klim, I got to sneak peak and try on some of the 2013 stuff.

OMGOSH Both companies got it Bang on for this upcoming year. Expect some awesome Technology, wicked style, and of course high quality.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i find ski gear to be way lighter and dryer :) all u need is a good shell and good layers, like fleece, what u dont need is 10 million pockets,cheesey colours . and dont buy any sled boot with the pull straps !!! cuz they suck bad ...

You would too.......considering you are most likely a skier trolling on a snowmobile forum.

Top Bottom