Looking for good deals on gear

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i find ski gear to be way lighter and dryer :) all u need is a good shell and good layers, like fleece, what u dont need is 10 million pockets,cheesey colours . and dont buy any sled boot with the pull straps !!! cuz they suck bad ...

I was on a super tight budget for a long time, so I kind of yardsaled stuff together to fit my budget. Ski and board stuff does not last plain and simple. We have running boards, and trees to contend with. The one thing you must remember, is Sled gear is MADE for sled people. The durability of the fabric and other factors all contribute to longevity and comfort for the Sledder, not skier or boarder.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
huh thats funny ! cuz my ski / sled pant are only 13 years old with one little tear in the knee , and i use them almost every day in the winter ... not just on weekends :) and dont buy black or white u need a colour someone can see if u were burried in an avy .

Ok buddy. You and I live in the same area. I will absolutely admit when I'm wrong. Snowmobile clothing is designed taking into account our aggressive style running boards, trees and all of the other wear and tear obstacles we encounter. You must be a way better rider than me, for during my season you can bet I'll be bumped and dragged by one leg with my pants scraping against my running boards. I'll run myself over a half a dozen times, and play "meet the tree" about a bazillion times, each time subjecting my outer layer to sticks, stumps and snaggable branches which ripped my ski and boarding gear to shreds in the past. Now riding sled dedicated gear I have noticed a HUGE difference in the longevity of my clothing.
I have my last years Motorfist Gear, you have your boarding gear..come to the store, we'll take pics of our stuff. We can document our rides throughout the year, including the "whoopsie" moments, (unless you don't have those) then we'll take a pic of our gear at the end of the year. If you are indeed right, I'll gracefully admit I'm wrong and buy you a beer. If I am right.. I'll do a dance of joy and tell you "I told you so" and you buy me a beer. K

Last edited:

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i sled and ski... i also sled ski :) ever heard of that ?

Yeah Ive heard of that. I just refuse to believe that a fellow sledder could be as dumb as you. I just assumed you were a troll or an alter. Maybe I was wrong?

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok buddy. You and I live in the same area. I will absolutely admit when I'm wrong. Snowmobile clothing is designed taking into account our aggressive style running boards, trees and all of the other wear and tear obstacles we encounter. You must be a way better rider than me, for during my season you can bet I'll be bumped and dragged by one leg with my pants scraping against my running boards. I'll run myself over a half a dozen times, and play "meet the tree" about a bazillion times, each time subjecting my outer layer to sticks, stumps and snaggable branches which ripped my ski and boarding gear to shreds in the past. Now riding sled dedicated gear I have noticed a HUGE difference in the longevity of my clothing.
I have my last years Motorfist Gear, you have your boarding gear..come to the store, we'll take pics of our stuff. We can document our rides throughout the year, including the "whoopsie" moments, (unless you don't have those) then we'll take a pic of our gear at the end of the year. If you are indeed right, I'll gracefully admit I'm wrong and buy you a beer. If I am right.. I'll do a dance of joy and tell you "I told you so" and you buy me a beer. K

Snow snow snow, we need it!

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i will admit Momma some sled gear is ok, but u dont think ski gear see some trees and branches ??? and rocks ? im not skiing on groomed chit with the weekenders lol

K fair enough. I am not much of a skier or boarder.. the kids try and try.. but it's like an episode of super Mom Osborne when I hit the slopes. One day I will eventually be able to stand on a board and hopefully make it more than 10 feet. lol
In the end, wear what functions and works for the terrain you ride. I am not willing to take any chances or compromises. We were involved in a rescue a few years ago and ended up having to stay out on the mountain for a very long time. None of us in Motorfist Gear were cold other volunteers there were. Since that day, we have done 2 presentations and outfitted Search and Rescue peeps in our area with Motorfist Gear. The Castlegar Search and Rescue, and South Columbia Search and Rescue team members are now comfortable, warm and dry. It is just not worth it to take a chance IMHO

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I'm looking at the Kilm site. They have a Vector Parka jacket they are calling a Outer layer. Would you need a base layer as well with it?

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I'm looking at the Kilm site. They have a Vector Parka jacket they are calling a Outer layer. Would you need a base layer as well with it?

Yeah you should probably get a base layer and mid layer for those real cold days. I would suggest spending a little more cash and getting a zip up jacket instead of a parka, but that's just my personal preference. Either will work just fine. But I would strongly suggest spending the extra cash for bibs over pants cause smashing through deep powder and getting tossed into snowbanks could leave you a little cold around the waist.

Top Bottom