Looking at a 2013 Pro rmk 800

ram_ltd

Reaction score
so im new to the polaris side of things but i am looking at a 2013 Rmk pro 800, has 2000km on it, and i have reading that people are talking about doing the fix after so many km for piece of mind, so i am kind of worried now about purchasing it now, cause last thing i want to do is buy this sled and then have to pay some one to rip the motor down and install a fix kit.

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the price is right go for it. A fix kit is a cheap these days. If you want a few more ponies put a drop in kit from MTNTK. Higher compression head and a timing advance make 6-7 hp more. No fuel controller so simple.

ram_ltd

Reaction score
i was looking at the MTNTK drop in kit i was leaning towards that also, and i know there is a few fix kits out that are not great and heard decrease HP just not sure which ones to stay away from

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just put one in my sons 800 and it really improved the performance. I have never had any issues with MTNTK kits. Always delivered what they said.

ram_ltd

Reaction score
ok thanks for the help TDR, im going to order the MTNTK drop in kit

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You will not go wrong with that kit. Gives it plenty of get up and go. Easy to install if you have played in motors before. Need to inspect cylinders in case there is a crack but 14+ are pretty good. Need a light hone on the cylinders usually. Timing key just slides in place of old one. Piece of cake.

nosaj82

Reaction score
ok thanks for the help TDR, im going to order the MTNTK drop in kit

I just installed one and it's pretty simple. Call Chris at parkland motor sports, he usually has them in stock and is great help. Also check your motor mounts. These sleds are known for the mounts to vibrate out. I learned after the fact and had one shear off and one vibrate completely out and turn a circular hole into an oval. Thanks god for heli coil kits lol.

ram_ltd

Reaction score
im probably going to have to have someone install it for me, as i dont have a garage available to do it in at the moment

ram_ltd

Reaction score
I just installed one and it's pretty simple. Call Chris at parkland motor sports, he usually has them in stock and is great help. Also check your motor mounts. These sleds are known for the mounts to vibrate out. I learned after the fact and had one shear off and one vibrate completely out and turn a circular hole into an oval. Thanks god for heli coil kits lol.

Thanks i will have to give him a call, easier then having to wait for one to get delivered

Top Bottom