Lights for 2014 GMC 2500 Help needed

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We sell kits that are vehicle specific... Probably the same manufacturer, and these kits work great. I know the warehouse here has ads on kijiji and ebay, but they are based from edmonton.... Easiest kit and designed for proper voltage or amperage requirement for each vehicle.

The one I was referring to is Morimoto brand....I don't think they have an Edmonton based location....they are based out of Atlanta, Georgia

Last edited:

gasman

Reaction score
I would go with LED s. I replaced mine on my work truck and for the extra $$ they are worth it, $ 130 plus tax for Piaas, $ 300 plus tax for leds, plus lifetime warranty. these were for the low beam only on a 2012 duramax.

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was going through 5-6 sets of sylvania bulbs a year, warranty covered the replacements but a pain to replace. i just tried these guys for LED bulbs:

opt-7.com

price is not bad, they also make good light bars for a good price. the bulbs have a pre-wired controller. they send you a capacitor if you have bad voltage if the lights flicker, they also send a polarity reversal as LEDs work only 1 way

the LED lights works great for low beams, im still playing with the height adjustment. had to order the high beams as the low beams drown out the high beams (2013 chevy silverado)

bingo1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the burnt headlight bulb thing seems to be chev issue, about 3/4 of the vehicles you meet on the roads with burnt out headlights are chev trucks, not sure why. it mat be due to the way they turn off and on when you are starting the vehicle, i think it is the on and off that is harder on the filament than anything else

Big nasty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was going through 5-6 sets of sylvania bulbs a year, warranty covered the replacements but a pain to replace. i just tried these guys for LED bulbs:

opt-7.com

price is not bad, they also make good light bars for a good price. the bulbs have a pre-wired controller. they send you a capacitor if you have bad voltage if the lights flicker, they also send a polarity reversal as LEDs work only 1 way

the LED lights works great for low beams, im still playing with the height adjustment. had to order the high beams as the low beams drown out the high beams (2013 chevy silverado)

Thanks! That site look good, going to order a set of high/ low beams for my 2015 duramax- I'll give reviews once they are received and installed

Big nasty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
image.jpg image.jpg Well I went with the opt-7 led's, plug and play. Went with the hi and low beams. The one pic is the led low beams in the bottom and factory low beam on the right or top (not sure why it's sideways). Way brighter and whiter light, hi beams are great too, maybe not as far distance wise in light but lights up way more area. They have a 2 yr warranty which is good and time will tell. 100$ US a pair so not the cheapest but couldn't handle the grappy factory ones anymore.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 194346View attachment 194347Well I went with the opt-7 led's, plug and play. Went with the hi and low beams. The one pic is the led low beams in the bottom and factory low beam on the right or top (not sure why it's sideways). Way brighter and whiter light, hi beams are great too, maybe not as far distance wise in light but lights up way more area. They have a 2 yr warranty which is good and time will tell. 100$ US a pair so not the cheapest but couldn't handle the grappy factory ones anymore.

How are the low beams for distance? The pattern looks like it's wider so ditch coverage should be better.

Big nasty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Found low beams were way better compared to hi beams. Could see about the same distance on low but way more coverage in ditch and everywhere, works well when it was raining and hiway was dark, I'm happy with them, but the factory ones were absolutely terrible compared to my 2005 duramax.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^^
Agree . I have the 2014 GMC and they might as well not put lights in projectors.
HID's made a huge difference .
Glad the Led's are working.
I am going to try the led's on 2012 GM one ton.

Top Bottom