Leveling Kits

GRD

Reaction score
Looking to get a leveling kit for my 2011 3500HD. Front tires rub the front flaps (LT275/70/18) inside the wheel well when turning sharp. It's not bad, but just want to see what others are doing. Thanks

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i put a ready lift leveling kit on my 2010 2500hd and it works good. i'm only running 265/75/16 but could easily put 285's on with out rubbing. If you get it done make sure they don't crank up the torsion keys all the way, the truck will ride like crap and you will wear out the ball joints fast.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: GRD

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just turn up the torsion keys but get the Shock spacers and your ride will stay the same.Waste of money to changeout the keys.Only people on a budget buy the Dodge,you get what you pay for.

• Thanks

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just turn up the torsion keys but get the Shock spacers and your ride will stay the same.Waste of money to changeout the keys.Only people on a budget buy the Dodge,you get what you pay for.

Offset keys are a much better option than just "cranking" up the torsion adjuster bolt. I have seen over adjusted bolts bend and break over time. The proper way to level the front end in a chev is to; put in offset torsion keys, new shocks, and replacement upper arms that have a high misalignment ball joint. This will keep the ride near or better than factory (depending on shocks) as well as slightly increased wheel travel without prematurely wearing out the upper ball joints.

• Thanks

GRD

Reaction score
Offset keys are a much better option than just "cranking" up the torsion adjuster bolt. I have seen over adjusted bolts bend and break over time. The proper way to level the front end in a chev is to; put in offset torsion keys, new shocks, and replacement upper arms that have a high misalignment ball joint. This will keep the ride near or better than factory (depending on shocks) as well as slightly increased wheel travel without prematurely wearing out the upper ball joints.

No anyone in the Calgary area that does this?

markaug

Reaction score
Run the Cognito kit on a Chev/GMC with replacement shocks on all 4 corners. If you go this route however have the old style GM upper ball joints installed right off the bat, the cognito ones will not last.

• Thanks

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Run the Cognito kit on a Chev/GMC with replacement shocks on all 4 corners. If you go this route however have the old style GM upper ball joints installed right off the bat, the cognito ones will not last.

That's the stuff to go with:)

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
kevin is in the calgary area I know he does it! you work on chev's right kev?lol I can do it myself as well i'm in pincher creek but own a chevy dealership. funny on the new fords with a levelling kit 33's were fitting and 35's were rubbing! hmmm maybe you cant run 35's on ALL stock fords or dodges!

• Thanks

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
kevin is in the calgary area I know he does it! you work on chev's right kev?lol I can do it myself as well i'm in pincher creek but own a chevy dealership. funny on the new fords with a levelling kit 33's were fitting and 35's were rubbing! hmmm maybe you cant run 35's on ALL stock fords or dodges!

Thanks Jared...been PM'ing with GRD...just getting some pricing together for him:thumb:

KawisakiRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the keys and new longer shocks and run 33's and have been for the last 100000km's no issues yet. Trailer.jpg

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kevin,
How does this kit lift as went on web site and it shows the top arm and install instructions but trying to get my head around what lifts truck. Do you need keys as well in order to lift the truck?
Doesn't say anything about replacement keys or cranking up OEM ones.

Thanks Jared...been PM'ing with GRD...just getting some pricing together for him:thumb:

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes you need the keys to get it in the air the upper control arms make for better driveline angles and gives you more wheel travel and less stress and strain on the factory components and shocks.

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

what brand of replacement upper arms do you recommend? and what brand of shocks? any gas shocks that will work for a 2 inch lift?

when i bought my truck it had the level done to it and i think they just used stock uppers and shocks, so the ride is a bit bumpy, time to fix/replace!

Thanks

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alright so you guys sound pretty smart on this stuff, myabe you can help me with my question. I just bought a 2011 Chev 2500HD with a 6.0l gas did they change the bolt pattern? The reason I ask is I have a set of rims and tires off my 2008 GMC 2500 with a Duramax that I want to put on it.

Thanks

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alright so you guys sound pretty smart on this stuff, myabe you can help me with my question. I just bought a 2011 Chev 2500HD with a 6.0l gas did they change the bolt pattern? The reason I ask is I have a set of rims and tires off my 2008 GMC 2500 with a Duramax that I want to put on it.

Thanks

They will fit.

Catchme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thanks

Bolt pattern changed in 2011 to 8x180mm

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thanks

What have you got for rims/tires off of the '08? I am looking for aluminium wheels to put on my '07 Duramax.

Top Bottom