Leaking antifreeze tunnel Under guard on clutch side. Need help with oetiker clamps

Destroyer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
My M8 was leaking antifreeze from the hose hidden behind the guard on the clutch side. I took the tank off and drilled the rivets and removed the guard. The front oetiker clamp was broken. I have no experience with these clamps. Can I open it up to get it around the hose?

I hope I don't have to take off the whole side rail!!!

Destroyer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
oh ya. It's a 2010 with warranty and they said that warranty doesn't cover clamps. Anyone else run into this problem?

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Plio7 had to replace some of his clamps on the cooling lines right out of the crate...

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You arent able to open up the clamp. But you dont have to pull the whole coolant rail out, you can just bend the hose to get it out and also to put it back in with the new clamps on the hose.

Destroyer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
You arent able to open up the clamp. But you dont have to pull the whole coolant rail out, you can just bend the hose to get it out and also to put it back in with the new clamps on the hose.

I'm going to pull my diamond drive and brake unit off and let the drive shaft fall to give me more room. it looks like they have to be clamped right tight to the top of the tunnel or the guard will bind on them and they'll break again. Is there a special tool to get them crimped so close to the tunnel like that?

falk

Reaction score
MAN IS THAT EVER BULLSH#T ON A NEW SLED, THE WHOLE WARRINTEY THING IS A CROCK, I BOUGHT MY SLED NEW AND THE ONLY THING THEY WOULD HELP ME WITH IS GETTING IT OUT THE DOOR, AND I HAD TONS OF PROBLEMS ON MY 08:mad:

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd be calling BS on that especially if its a brand new machine...irregardless of who makes it. It would be going back and I'd like to see them give me a bill for clamps that fail when its brand new!

markoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tell your dealer to fix it or you'll drive it till you cook the engine and let them warranty that.

Destroyer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
tell your dealer to fix it or you'll drive it till you cook the engine and let them warranty that.

An engine overheated for a guy and finally blew up. No warranty. Temp light was obviously flashing and the owner continued to ride. I wouldn't recommend that.

Destroyer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I think I'm just going to notch out the guard so I can use a regular type screw clamp. Should work fine.

Top Bottom