Last seven years have been the hottest since mankind began

fj40

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So the scientists know that climate change is man made.
Now this same scientists don't know that there are just 2 genders.
These are the guys I want to trust right.
Scientists need to pay their bill and most just go with what is being accepted.

Yes the earth is warming for now but why we really don't know.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I get a solar panel is it ok if I have a tire fire on sunday? strictly for my own pleasure of course.

Absolutely! This is the same logic that Bono and Decaprio use to justify their 10 mansions, private jets and luxury yachts.....they buy carbon offsets so their carbon footprint is zero in their minds. It’s like saying I paid for my neighbour’s garbage cans so it’s ok for me to throw my trash into the park across the street.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
If you pay a scientist enough, I bet you can get him to say whatever you want.
We snorkelled the Great Barrier Reef in Auzzy and was totally shocked with how much of it had died off from pictures a decade before.. biggest problem being the water temps raising just a few degrees and bleaching

“And scientists say that the rapid warming of the planet due to human emissions of heat-trapping gases are to blame”

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/...rier-reef-coral-bleaching-map-climate-change/

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I'm just glad we dodged the acid rain bullet.... It would suck if our snow became toxic

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you pay a scientist enough, I bet you can get him to say whatever you want.

Very true, and that’s why so many different thoughts with science on this.. but using your own eyes and brain could be your best info.. as said before I’m thinking we can’t come back from the damage done

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Carbon footprint

Look at new equipment that if delivered to Austrial, China, Russia will have no def installed equipment to lower c02 emissions even when built from USA, but yet USA, Cdn must have controls on and working, extra expense, maintenance, but yet the higher emission country’s not having same rules

Trucking companies that are buying pre 07 trucks rather than new rigs to get pass emission regulations by gov.. downtime is just to high with new rigs because of emission laws..

Makes one wonder when some countries are trying harder to meet and some with no regulations at all how any of the goals of world Paris agreement can be met, but certainly could slow c02 process down some

ctd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also one thing people keep forgetting........ plant life NEEDS C02 to live. Its not all bad.

I don't remember the numbers, we are on the low side carbon to sustain life. Many don't know that green houses inject carbon to improve the growing time & they do that without mask's LOL.

Without going back to research the numbers, I believe 150ppm of carbon is where life such as vegetation begins to die, we are @ 400ppm.....or it was before the newest crisis. 1,000,000ppm is the hi side or where it should, not hard to find data if one really wants to know.

ATV Rancher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Carbon footprint

Look at new equipment that if delivered to Austrial, China, Russia will have no def installed equipment to lower c02 emissions even when built from USA, but yet USA, Cdn must have controls on and working, extra expense, maintenance, but yet the higher emission country’s not having same rules

Trucking companies that are buying pre 07 trucks rather than new rigs to get pass emission regulations by gov.. downtime is just to high with new rigs because of emission laws..

Makes one wonder when some countries are trying harder to meet and some with no regulations at all how any of the goals of world Paris agreement can be met, but certainly could slow c02 process down some

Don't forget India. How could any thinking person support an initiative so unfair and ineffective, yet so expensive, on a "problem" being used to give the ruling class more authority and hobble industry, at least? Makes it much easier for China and others to flood our markets with cheap products and hurt our countries. Where's Austrial?

Last edited:

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You're in a sinking boat. There is a hole in the bottom and the boat is filling with water. 1/3 of the people want to plug the hole. 1/3 of the people want to do nothing. 1/3 of the people want to drill more holes because they're selling hole saws.

ATV Rancher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We're going to have to work fast to keep the rising seas from swallowing up Obama's new mansion. Can't believe they didn't heed Al Gore's warnings.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Without going back to research the numbers, I believe 150ppm of carbon is where life such as vegetation begins to die, we are @ 400ppm.....or it was before the newest crisis. 1,000,000ppm is the hi side or where it should, not hard to find data if one really wants to know.

Lol. 1,000,000ppm CO2 is 100% CO2. That would kill all life on earth larger than single cell organisms.

Top Bottom