Last seven years have been the hottest since mankind began

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
we snorkelled the great barrier reef in auzzy and was totally shocked with how much of it had died off from pictures a decade before.. Biggest problem being the water temps raising just a few degrees and bleaching

“and scientists say that the rapid warming of the planet due to human emissions of heat-trapping gases are to blame”

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/...rier-reef-coral-bleaching-map-climate-change/

i read somewhere and i'm sure it was on a national geographic special, that the great barrier reef was hugely damaged by the starfish infestation, eating the living reefs? Am i wrong?

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One fact that I found super interesting and it is widely being ignored. Is actual scientists. Not experts from CNN or the UN can prove that both north and south polar ice caps have been ice free over 90% of the earths existence. Meaning ice caps melting isn’t that big a deal. The polar caps north and south have been ice free for millions of years

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One fact that I found super interesting and it is widely being ignored. Is actual scientists. Not experts from CNN or the UN can prove that both north and south polar ice caps have been ice free over 90% of the earths existence. Meaning ice caps melting isn’t that big a deal. The polar caps north and south have been ice free for millions of years

It's kinda a big deal if you live near water.

Pedaling pete

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Think Obama picked up a 15million dollar shack in Martha's vineyard not too long ago. Is that the kind of thing youd do if you figured the seas were rising?

Would banks be investing billions in Miami?

135783933_3800268373368297_25465416424333675_n.jpg

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Think Obama picked up a 15million dollar shack in Martha's vineyard not too long ago. Is that the kind of thing youd do if you figured the seas were rising?

Would banks be investing billions in Miami?

View attachment 232184

The banks and their greed caused the 2008 financial crash. I wouldn't let their actions be an indicator of what is "right" in any way, shape, or form.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I was looking for that data, thanks for that i could not find it but at least you confirmed it. The one i watch said the earth has only been covered by snow permanently meaning greenland, north pole and south pole only 5% of the time in earths history. Now in 50 years time the earth will start warming back up again to near normal temperatures but until then expect colder temperatures, really cold temperatures. And it has f all to do with CO2.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i read somewhere and i'm sure it was on a national geographic special, that the great barrier reef was hugely damaged by the starfish infestation, eating the living reefs? Am i wrong?

Just reading up on it myself, it definitely sounds like they had seen damage from
Starfish infestation, don’t recall when we were there much talk over that, lots of warnings not to touch anything..they had one side of reef that was protected they said and no one allowed there as research on damage was ongoing

Remember seeing some big turtles and lots of different species of fish and such floating around, the reef was pretty astronomical to see in size compared to this continent

https://www.nny360.com/news/starfis...cle_54449c18-4ac7-5173-9134-46b98ef9745d.html

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We snorkelled the Great Barrier Reef in Auzzy and was totally shocked with how much of it had died off from pictures a decade before.. biggest problem being the water temps raising just a few degrees and bleaching

“And scientists say that the rapid warming of the planet due to human emissions of heat-trapping gases are to blame”

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/...rier-reef-coral-bleaching-map-climate-change/
Next thing you'll tell us is that you didn't pee in the water while you were snorkeling. Come on man, fess up. lol

Pedaling pete

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Obama was inaugurated January of '09. So what about Obama?

Should I let his actions be an indicator of what is right in any way shape or form?

When it comes to beach front property being flooded out by "climate change"

Cause It doesnt really seem like it's a concern for him at all, judging by the 15million dollar house in Martha's vineyard

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should I let his actions be an indicator of what is right in any way shape or form?

When it comes to beach front property being flooded out by "climate change"

Cause It doesnt really seem like it's a concern for him at all, judging by the 15million dollar house in Martha's vineyard

The sea has risen 8-9 inches since 1880, and current estimates are it's rising at 0.14 inches per year.

Given that information I'll let you decide for yourself whether Obama should be concerned about flooding of his home during the remainder of his lifetime.

Pedaling pete

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The sea has risen 8-9 inches since 1880, and current estimates are it's rising at 0.14 inches per year.

Given that information I'll let you decide for yourself whether Obama should be concerned about flooding of his home during the remainder of his lifetime.

I know I'm not concerned. But some people seem to think.alberta is going to be ocean front any day now...lol

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Climate change is real. It does in fact change, quite often it seems. Even if it was because of our activities, its not gonna change unfortunately. No one is willing to give up current society as it stands. The Internal combustion engine as of now can’t be replaced. Electricity cannot be made on a scale big enough to satisfy our needs without our current methods of producing it. Solar panels are all but a Joke. ENERGY..... you can’t get something for nothing. Fossil fuels are seemingly the only way to keep living how we currently do. Electric cars and trucks to replace fossil fuel burning vehicles. No. Good luck manufacturing a electric vehicle without modern mining equipment and methods amongst other things. Ive heard Solar panels cannot offset the energy used to produce them within their usable lifetime. Ahhh. Hydro electric power! Nope. Sorry. Have fun trying build something the size of the Hoover Dam without modern technology.(or even 1950/60’s technology for that matter)
Also one thing people keep forgetting........ plant life NEEDS C02 to live. Its not all bad.

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
I just set up ten more solar panels to offset my carbon print.. good for a while now
Are those them great new panels that were made with no oil and gas at all and are not complete shat made in a China waste spewing factory with horrible human right conditions.

Top Bottom