Kx 100 mods?

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My friend has a 2008 Kawasaki kx 100 that's he's looking to get more power out of. He Has a budget of $1000. Was thinking
Of putting an FMF fatty pipe with shorty silencer, would this help quite a bit? And what are some other mods to make these bikes have more snap?
Thanks

Sent from my mobile telephone

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A fatty pipe will give you more bottom end. Look for a rev with a shorty to gain top end power. But other than those mods you can also port the cylinder and shave the head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd say just get a bigger bike

Sent from a iPhone

He thought if that. But it fits him perfect now and he can really
Ride it. He wants to ride it for another year then get a bigger bike, but until he gets a new one he wants to make this one have a bit more power.

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A fatty pipe will give you more bottom end. Look for a rev with a shorty to gain top end power. But other than those mods you can also port the cylinder and shave the head.

Do you know of any shops that do good work and will port and polish as well as shave the head?

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you know of any shops that do good work and will port and polish as well as shave the head?

Yup! Mots machining in edmonton. 15434-131ave and their phone number is 780-437-5598.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's the perfect time of the year to sell it. Take the money plus the $1000 and buy a bigger bike. You start modding a kx100 and your left with a TURD that NOBODY will ever want. jMHO

Yep, this is the truth. A stock 100 is actually a pretty good seller...you start messing around with engine mods like porting and polishing...nobody's going to touch it.

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's what he'll probably end up doing then. Anyone know of any lightly used 2008 or newer KTM 125 or 150 sx or xc for sale?

Top Bottom