Knee Pads

crossfire879

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do any of you wear some sort of knee pads under your snow pants? I am a heavy duty mechanic and although I wear knee pads at work, working on dozers all week kneeling on tracks has made my knees pretty tender. They are only gonna get worse this upcoming weekend smashing into my hood panels. I can't think of a pair that would be comfortable enough to wear for 4-8 hour of riding.

Thanks

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Hey Jan, are they all the same or differ by sled, I've seen them on the cats and the wife and I would both like a set.

Hey Bogger

They are sled specific, you guys run M series sleds right? I have some M series in stock. I actually have quite a variety in stock right now.

Jan

Last edited:

dropitbuster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wear Fox neoprene BMX knee pads over my fleece pants and under my outer pants. I think they were about $25 to $30. Always grateful when I put my knee into my running board at least once per ride.

Last edited:

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have sixsixone but I cant find a new pair,,, riding a DOO ya need them I also have them in my Motorfist pants but thats not enough

knee pads and core saver are a must when i ride,,, never know when chits gonna roll

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've yet to find a cheaper pair of knee guards that dont chaff the skin of my legs (even with MX socks on). I'll probably end up biting the bullet and buying a more expensive pair like the Troy Lee Designs Catalyst knee braces

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have some Axo shin/knee guards. They make riding that much easier. I usually bash my knees or catch my shins on the running boards. clumsy needs protection.
like these
a2079191355e7d0e915a09_s.jpg

Last edited:

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do any of you wear some sort of knee pads under your snow pants? I am a heavy duty mechanic and although I wear knee pads at work, working on dozers all week kneeling on tracks has made my knees pretty tender. They are only gonna get worse this upcoming weekend smashing into my hood panels. I can't think of a pair that would be comfortable enough to wear for 4-8 hour of riding.

Thanks

My Neighbour is a mechanic also and he lent me a pair of mechanix wear knee pads when I was re-doing the floor in my house....never wore them sledding yet, but the are very comfortable and a nice size for under the pant.

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i use the thor static knee guards. I find them alittle warm if you ride hard, and find they seem to rotate out over the day. That said since i got them my knees and shins dont have a scratch and never felt better.

I will prob look for a product that holds to the knee better for next year.

Best purchase i made this year for sledding by far was knee, shin protectors.

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2 on the Shock Doctors! I wear them on bare legs for MX too. They fit like a glove, are breathable, and flexible. I couldn't imagine riding without them.

Top Bottom