Klim or 509 Helmet???

m8welder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do know that the motofist helmets are complete junk. I bought a black one this year. Super light but falling apart. Also causes my goggles to fog. Just not the right shape for my head.

towerrigger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have both, Klim and 509. The Klim is better quality but the 509 has better vision out the sides and a bit lighter. You'd have to try them both on to make a decision for yourself.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not quiet sure sure what to say? But the best fitting best protection helmet that you can afford. $10 helmet for a $10 head, Protection is the most important, it must protect your head in a crash, must fit comfortably, must be within your budget. There is a time to be cheap, and it is not with a helmet. It may be all that separates you from life or death, Your choice should lean towards best protection period,

Last edited:

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have both, Klim and 509. The Klim is better quality but the 509 has better vision out the sides and a bit lighter. You'd have to try them both on to make a decision for yourself.
X2, I have both as well. I find the Klim has much better ventilation and wears cooler, while the 509 I find really warm. 509 is a bit lighter, and has a much better breath box. I struggle with the Klim breathe box, getting it to sit right and seal properly. For warm weather though, I always wear my Klim, for cooler, I'll rock the 509. All depends on what fits your head best.

KevinA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wear the 509 evolution with 509 sinisters and am happy with the set up. they are supposed to be made for each other and they do fit pretty good together. I have a ski doo helmet that I bought last year and I am really happy with that one aswell paired with a set of smith googels. I found the breath box on the ski doo helmet works the best... never had fogged up lenses.

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I currently use a FXR Blade super lite, but I don't like that it has a neck brace thing built into it and it makes it hard to look up because it hits my back pack. I think i would try a Suomy Helmet next. my cuz bought one and he really likes it. It is the lightest helmet I've ever seen. when he handed it to me in the box I really thought that it was just a empty box and Im not exaggerating. He always jokes about that scene from the simpsons when ned flanders is talking about his ski suit and he says it feels like I'm wearing nothing at all! (stupid sexy flanders!)

InFeRnO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't waste your time. Buy a Suomy helmet. Best on the market by far. I know a few pros that will never look back. Light as a feather, wicked design but not cheap at all.

chemmod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didn't care for klim, and ended up going with 509 a couple years ago and liked it. This year I'm trying the new Motorfist.

How is the motorfist? I'm on year 7 with my Klim and it's time for a new bucket and really liked the weight and feel of the Motorfist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Motorfist all the way, Klim is sweet looking but heavy, tried the 509 and I fog like crazy although the gf loves hers, Motorfist dominator with aviators for two seasons now rarely fog and I lend it out steady and everyone that's tried it has bought one, if you're in the Gp area inbox me and take it for a try

tillyman3

Reaction score
love my FXR superlite.
especially after i modded the wicked headphones into it.
theres nothing i have found that compares to the bass, and overall sound in this combination.
the X2 helmet speakers that are bragged about don't hold a candle to this creation!

Ushkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FXR Blade superlight and a set of 509 x5s and ive never been happier.1300grams at $224. cant wrong. Klim i liked but felt kinda heavy. 509 didnt fit my head the best and didnt care for the look of any of them. Worth trying on before you make your choice

dsenych

Reaction score
Bought the Suomy Mr.Jump helmet this year and its been great. Its about 1000 grams but its pricey…

Top Bottom