king quad 750axi vs Outlander 800R XT

ram_it

Reaction score
I think I am leaning toward the Can Am on this one but does anyone have any thoughts between the 2? It seems that the can am has a much better warranty, is better handling, more power and comes more off road ready. But the Suzuki is a bit cheaper and has a manual locker. Can anyone throw their 2 cents on this? I have never owned a quad and this will be my first one so I guess I just want to make sure I get something good right out of the gate.

ram_it

Reaction score
Can anyone add about the Polaris sportsman 850 with EPS and the Grizzly 700 with EPS? I am considering those as well.

Byron

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey ram it the best atv out thewre in my opinion is a kawasaki brute force built strong runs good you will be sooo happy with one i got a 650 beats the kingquad no problemo outlander it bigger but there framesssss suck
GET A BRUTE FORCE!!!!!!!
just my 2 cents tho

ram_it

Reaction score
Thanks Byron. I havent really considered it but I will take a look. I was also just looking at the Polaris Sportsman 850 XT and it seems like a good candidate. More travel on the suspension, more ground clearance, good power, downhill assist and it can be had with power steering. I like that you can do just the back brake and the locker up front seems to work alot better than the can am from what I can see.

Byron

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
np
my brute broke through on ice on a lake well it had like muskeg at the bottom it tookk us 3 dya to pull it out we had to get a sawmp buggy and it still in perfect condition and if you want a big quad get the 750 brute you will love it
just pm me if you got any quetions

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In '06 i had the 680 Honda Rincon (no power), in '07 i had the Can-Am 800 H.O. XT Outlander ( kept breaking down), in '08 i had the 750 Brute Force ( good bike, didn't like the diff lock and low ground clearance). Now in '09 i have the Polaris 850 XP LE with power steering, with over 700 km on it i can say it is the best of all of them in ride and comfort, handling (with better tires). So far i have had no problems with it (i cannot say that for ANY other machine i have had). The Can-Am will outdo it in power and they now have P.S. and many people have great luck with them, mine just turned out a lemon. I did look at the Grizz 700 with EPS before buying the Polaris and really liked them, just wanted more power as i am used to the power of a twin cyl.
The Polaris was cheaper than the Grizz 700 as well.

ram_it

Reaction score
In '06 i had the 680 Honda Rincon (no power), in '07 i had the Can-Am 800 H.O. XT Outlander ( kept breaking down), in '08 i had the 750 Brute Force ( good bike, didn't like the diff lock and low ground clearance). Now in '09 i have the Polaris 850 XP LE with power steering, with over 700 km on it i can say it is the best of all of them in ride and comfort, handling (with better tires). So far i have had no problems with it (i cannot say that for ANY other machine i have had). The Can-Am will outdo it in power and they now have P.S. and many people have great luck with them, mine just turned out a lemon. I did look at the Grizz 700 with EPS before buying the Polaris and really liked them, just wanted more power as i am used to the power of a twin cyl.
The Polaris was cheaper than the Grizz 700 as well.

Well to a certain degree its noce to hear that all of these brands have their lemons. My concern on the Polaris is from the reliability aspect. A friend of mine has a 90's Polaris thats been junk, granted it is old but its been an even bigger nightmere to repair based on design. His neighbor has a relatively new POlaris (model unknown that died right in front of his house). Unfortunatley thats my only vision to the Polaris quality. Hadster, its good to hear your Polaris has been good. I have been reading about belt issues on the 850. Have you had any? I realy like the Polaris and from a feature perspective, this is the quad that I like the most. I guess I just needed to be pushed into the relaibility. I had even considered the King Quad becasue of reliablility.

dlg27

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I own a kingquad 700 and the outlander and renegade 800. The king quad has been completely hassle free. no problems with 1000km. I have had quite a few problems with the 07 outlander but most have been due to the 29.5 outlaws in am running on it. I don't have enough kms on the reny to report on it but I can say the canams are way more fun to drive. Nicer ride, awesome power and their warranty cannot be beat. Also dealer support is something to consider when picking a quad

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I am leaning toward the Can Am on this one but does anyone have any thoughts between the 2? It seems that the can am has a much better warranty, is better handling, more power and comes more off road ready. But the Suzuki is a bit cheaper and has a manual locker. Can anyone throw their 2 cents on this? I have never owned a quad and this will be my first one so I guess I just want to make sure I get something good right out of the gate.

They are all good quads just which one suits YOU and your finances best is up to you to determine, dealer avalibality and service is important. I have A KQ 700 and had no issues with it at all, It doesn't have the power of the V-twins I would compare mine to a 500 can am in a drag race on the road but how fast do you really want to go on a 4x4 quad IMO anyway. But I've seen frames twist on can ams personally. Belts get wet easy on the Can ams but with a simple mod this helps the issue.
I don't know much about the brute force but the diff lock looks annoying to use, but havn't heard any other complaints. Don't know anything about the polaris units, I don't really see much of them out on the trails but I driven RZR and really liked it.
All in all you looking at the KQ 750 VS the outy 800, both now are offered with power steering for MY10 both are good quads and both have there pros and cons, I don't know If this helps you at all but I'm not going to tell you to buy a certian model because I like it. Which model do you like is most important

Dylan.B

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Owned a outlander in the past and it was always breaking down, My dad recently bought an 850 and it seems to do pretty well but havent had a lot of ride time on. My uncle rides a kq 700 and it seems to be the best, although not as much power as the outlander, or 850, it rides nice it hasnt broken down once and gets great mileage. I would probably say get the king quad, or possibly the 850 but stay away from the can ams!

Just my opinion

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well to a certain degree its noce to hear that all of these brands have their lemons. My concern on the Polaris is from the reliability aspect. A friend of mine has a 90's Polaris thats been junk, granted it is old but its been an even bigger nightmere to repair based on design. His neighbor has a relatively new POlaris (model unknown that died right in front of his house). Unfortunatley thats my only vision to the Polaris quality. Hadster, its good to hear your Polaris has been good. I have been reading about belt issues on the 850. Have you had any? I realy like the Polaris and from a feature perspective, this is the quad that I like the most. I guess I just needed to be pushed into the relaibility. I had even considered the King Quad becasue of reliablility.

I have always hated Polaris and had the same fear of them as you have now, and will not buy any of them except the new XP's. The other ones have the radiatior down way to low, and many more bad design issues. After months of research and talking to owners of the new XP's, finding people with them that have had little or no problems with lot of miles on. I finnaly took the Polaris plunge, so far it's been great, no belt problems, or any other problems that some others where having (they where all fixed under warranty).
I'm not in any way trying to talk you into a Polaris, becuase all the ones you are thinking of are great units. Just letting you know it SEEMS as though Polaris has done there homework on the new XP and fixed all the old problems......hopefully... The old ones yes i'd agree and not be surprised that they had many problems, i've seen it all over as well, many seemed like junk.
I would shop around and find the best DEALER and SERVICE DEPT. that is really key, if the dealer service is bad and they won't help you when you have a problem, it won't matter what brand it is.

bellisangel

Reaction score
Go with the Can-am more power, and great machine overall

Bandit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 750 KQ, seems to be a durable unit, a few friends of mine have 700's with 8 or 9 thousand k's on them with no real issues. Love the locker, and the Suzukis belt drive coupled with the wet clutch is real nice, very easy on belts. The internal rear brakes are pretty cool. Fuel injection is nice too. I also like the fact that you can turn the headlight on the pod off and still keep the lower ones on. Nice at night when you have something strapped to the front rack. Bad points, I don't like the steering, kind of twitchy, especially with 27x11's all the way around. You can get power steering now, might help some. Gas filler is in a stupid spot, limits what boxes you can put on the back. Have to buy a bumper for the front, and the cheesy factory skidplate sucks.

That being said, it does not have the power the twins have, the BF and Can am will outrun it any day, although shimming the clutch helped a lot.

Another friend has a Can am with 9000+ Km's on it, with just a few small issues, and the last one (charging system crapped out) was covered under the engine warrany!! So yeah, they have a great warrenty. As for the frame issues, I have seen broken frames on every type of machine, depends how you use it. Ours all get used for work.

Can't really say anything about the polaris, as I have never had one. Only thing I do know is that they are (or were, don't know about the new ones) quite heavy compared to some of the other machines out there.

Hope this helps.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

well i have only seen that not so good, on the outlander, and i do sell suzuki but honestly i have one inhere right now and were changing the guys 3rd frame....apparently thats not uncommon,, i have heard of it before but not first hand like this customer...if you want i can forward his number to you, i am sure hell tell u his take on it.. ps. king quads are on sale...8299.00 w/free winch (not installed) plus 300 pdi plus tax... new 08 model...the 09 s are 9499.00 fyi...with had could luck with them, so thats my two bits... i would go so far as to double the factory warranty(6 months) for Ya to a yr...

The new atvs are usually pretty bullet proof and the warranty is only as good as the dealer:d:d:d, talk to people who have the kq and the outlander...

Good luck....stop in for a test drive we sell suzuki,yamaha, arctic cat

terry

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: 700 grizzly

heres the next option.. the 700 grizzly is full of upgrades, efi, four wheel disc brakes, 2wd/4wd differential lock, full independant suspension, nice ride, good power, decent stock tires.....available with our without powersteering (add 800.00) they start at 8499.00 08 models.... come and try them out

Terry

feyd

Reaction score
I have an '07 KQ 700 that is modded and it has been a great quad. There are some issues but I am very happy overall and am glad I went with it instead of the Griz 700.

It's all a matter of taste...you know the Chev, Ford Dodge thing.

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
those pics are of a frame job on a outlander. This is the guys 3rd frame.
not good at all.
insurance isen't makin money on this guy...

jurban

Reaction score
Well I have two grizzly 700 eps's and I have about 10 hour seat type on the New Polaris XP 850 I can say I personally perfer the grizzly to the Polaris not to say anything bad about the Polaris but Its just not my style of quad and it has had to many issues for a bike that only has 20 hours on it. Think I'll sell it in the fall and buy something else. Where as my Grizzly's have over 150 hour on each of them and they run like every time no issue. Just add gas and check the oil. Just my 2 cents Grizzly 700 EPS all the way.

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I have two grizzly 700 eps's and I have about 10 hour seat type on the New Polaris XP 850 I can say I personally perfer the grizzly to the Polaris not to say anything bad about the Polaris but Its just not my style of quad and it has had to many issues for a bike that only has 20 hours on it. Think I'll sell it in the fall and buy something else. Where as my Grizzly's have over 150 hour on each of them and they run like every time no issue. Just add gas and check the oil. Just my 2 cents Grizzly 700 EPS all the way.

You've had some problems with the 850 XP, what sort of things are going wrong??? I have almost 800 km on mine and not a moments trouble!!!!!

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
those pics are of a frame job on a outlander. This is the guys 3rd frame.
not good at all.
insurance isen't makin money on this guy...

You'd think after the second time the guy would learn he can't jump the thing like that... oh ya I've bent one and so has a buddy but we're not talking about a Sunday Drive here. I've put alot of miles on my Outty's and I stand by them 110%. I ain't much of a Sunday driver. Can't beat the warranty no matter who your dealer is. JMO

Top Bottom