King Cat Problems

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chaincase chain should be replaced every year. It is a 15 link chain, but the 900 is hard on it. You can also replace it with a Hyvo assembly if you don't have mechanical reverse. Drive axle bearings should be checked. They can have a bog when turning right in deep snow. Seal up the exhaust outlet to cure that. Other than that they are bulletproof. I really enjoy riding mine.

dirtbag

Reaction score
forward mounting the steering post will change the whole sled ,I got one 4" longer as well...check your piston wash and compression,chain like was mentioned, grease it and ride it...

Fishtank

Reaction score
Excuse my lack of technical jargon, but what does PTO and MAG stand for?

:D

I know PTO is the left and MAG the right (I hope it is) when standing on the sled, but was just curious as to what they meant.

Fishtank

Reaction score
Would never have guessed that, lol, im guessing the "power take off" and "Magneto" are never found on the same side of an engine. :D

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Replace the chaincase every years????????
WOW.....................LOL~!

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Recreational Supply in Saskatoon has the parts. You replace the gears and chain with Polaris parts. It is much stronger. I checked into doing it on mine, but I have the mechanical reverse, so it won't work. I might go to the non-reverse chaincase and switch to Hyvo.

Fishtank

Reaction score
Ahhh, I didnt know Hyvo was Polaris. Just thought it was an independant company cashing in on the weak cat chains/sprockets.

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think Hyvo is the company name. The splines are the same for Polaris and Cat. The chain is supposed to be almost unbreakable. Broken chain means the brakes don't work.

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Change the chain at the start of every season. It is the weak link and cheap insurance. I would not run the chain over 700 miles. Hyvo is a good upgrade, just expensive.

Clutch side drive bearing is a weak link. Should be changed every 2000 km for piece of mind.

Too bad you didn't buy mine, all the work is done and ready to ride!!!

Fishtank

Reaction score
Did some redneck remodifing to the air box. seems to pull alot harder than it did and shouldnt hurt anything that i can see, post pics asap.

Is it a Carb? I read on another forum that opening up/modifying the air intake can potentially lean out the engine.

TeamForce211

Reaction score
i was thinking the same but ill just keep an eye on the plugs and re jet if need be. heres some pics. The 2nd pic was done before i bought it, i just built a new lid, sealed it up with foam around the inside and put the pvc snorkel on it. was a lil tricky getting it to match up to the speedo hole but it fits perfectly now.

Attachments

• king kitty 3.jpg
    king kitty 3.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 151
  • king kitty 4.jpg
    king kitty 4.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 151
  • king kitty 5.jpg
    king kitty 5.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 144
  • king kitty 6.jpg
    king kitty 6.jpg