Ken block gymkhana 7

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would love to know how much it costs to make that film. And how do they get those roads closed? Ken block just can't call up and ask to have the roads closed to shot a film,

Sent from my iPhone while wishing the snow was gone so I can go dirt biking.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think his earlier Gymkhana vids showed better driving ability, but the Mustang is the coolest car to date....

I agree. I thought the driving was pretty weak from other gymkhana videos. But that mustang was awesome.

Sent from my iPhone

24V E30

Reaction score
I'd like to see him do this with a rear wheel drive car and a REAL manual gearbox not this flappy paddle automated BS. He's got skill and I know those doughnut reverse spin around thingys he does is not possible without AWD but I'd still love to see him with a RWD manual car.

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
His baja truck one was pretty cool too...love to take one of those trucks for a rip... "just going for a rip are ya bud?"

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Ken Block is a joke. Give me millions of dollars and a car like that... with UNLIMITED trys and all of that... ANYBODY can do that. Look how many skid marks are on each spot! Some theres like 5 or 6.... some theres 20. They just edit it all until they can make a video. The day he makes one of fresh pavement si the day ill have some respect for him. Theres a difference between a warm up or practice run then there is to drift around a corner that has 15 other drift marks on it!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ken Block is a joke. Give me millions of dollars and a car like that... with UNLIMITED trys and all of that... ANYBODY can do that. Look how many skid marks are on each spot! Some theres like 5 or 6.... some theres 20. They just edit it all until they can make a video. The day he makes one of fresh pavement si the day ill have some respect for him. Theres a difference between a warm up or practice run then there is to drift around a corner that has 15 other drift marks on it!

This is true. However what takes him 20 tries would likely take the rest of us 100. Another thing to consider is maybe he can do it in one shot. But when your spending millions filming for the day or week you just keep on going because who knows shot number 20 might turn out way cooler than number 1

Last edited:

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What I really want to know is how many sets of tires he went through. I thought he was going to end the video with a tire blowing up in that huge smoke plume.

harper44

Reaction score
What I really want to know is how many sets of tires he went through. I thought he was going to end the video with a tire blowing up in that huge smoke plume.

Not sure how many sets in total but if you read the article about making this video, they filmed the opening scene burnout last and shot the tires right off her... I'd say a lot of tires were harmed in the making of this video, but I guess you can do that when Pirelli names a tire compound after you.

I agree with others that the driving isn't his best work, probably attribute that to the fact that he had zero seat time in the car prior to shooting on day one. That he even attempted some of these stunts in a car that wild without seat time shows his balls/skill/craziness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Maybe, just maybe, if you could drive like that someone would give you million of dollars plus "UNLIMITED trys"

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Maybe, just maybe, if you could drive like that someone would give you million of dollars plus "UNLIMITED trys"

He can't drive like that either.... It's a video... They edited each try until they had a whole video.

Top Bottom