Kelowna (westside) snowmobiling questions

Denwa

Reaction score
OK first time I posted this it disappeared..

I just bought a 2001 Mountain Cat 800 with a newly rebuilt motor and am looking for info on where to sled in the Kelowna area. I live in the Westside so any info on this side of the bridge would be great.

I would also like to know of a good place to test my sled out that isn't to far from civilization (so I know everything works OK before hitting far out places and can burn off the rest of the burn in, oil rich gas).

Anyone want to go for a ride and show me the areas? I only have a 2 wheel drive truck right now though. Other than an emergency medical responder licencing exam this Thursday, I'm pretty free.

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK first time I posted this it disappeared..

I just bought a 2001 Mountain Cat 800 with a newly rebuilt motor and am looking for info on where to sled in the Kelowna area. I live in the Westside so any info on this side of the bridge would be great.

I would also like to know of a good place to test my sled out that isn't to far from civilization (so I know everything works OK before hitting far out places and can burn off the rest of the burn in, oil rich gas).

Anyone want to go for a ride and show me the areas? I only have a 2 wheel drive truck right now though. Other than an emergency medical responder licencing exam this Thursday, I'm pretty free.
There is some great sledding in sicimous which is only 1.5 hours from you. And if you thinks thats far here in Edmonton we have to drive 5-6 hours for good sledding.:mad: Also sicimous has repair shops too. Also another 45 minutes north is Revy.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Greystokes are is a huge area that the Kelowna club operates. Stop in at a a local dealer and ask whats up they all know. System is up towards Big White. Large area mixed riding hils,trails ,open areas. 2 Groomers and warmup shelters.

Denwa

Reaction score
Greystokes are is a huge area that the Kelowna club operates. Stop in at a a local dealer and ask whats up they all know. System is up towards Big White. Large area mixed riding hils,trails ,open areas. 2 Groomers and warmup shelters.

Thanks. I actually found out about that area today and headed up for a short 2 hour ride. Bit crowded, but according to the map I bought it's a pretty big area.

Do you know of any other local areas, preferably west of the bridge?

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I actually found out about that area today and headed up for a short 2 hour ride. Bit crowded, but according to the map I bought it's a pretty big area.

Do you know of any other local areas, preferably west of the bridge?

Check your pm i sent you some info

Karlos

Reaction score
I have gone up Bear Creek Main, Take Esperon turn off and unload at the first lake you come its about 30 kms in. Get a map from a book store for the area and you can hit some logging roads. Last year I had a couple great days up in that area when I didnt have time to go out to Greystokes. Thats the only place I have found where there is enough snow. I havent found any open spaces , medows or a alot of great terrain yet up in the area, but there is some intersting stuff for a 2-3 hr ride. Anybody else have any info on this area ?

Top Bottom