Kawi Teryx thread

Justinvr81

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy bought a 2014 4 seater this spring, has 1200kms now and hasn't missed a beat, for the price ,I don't think you can get a better machine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy bought a 2014 4 seater this spring, has 1200kms now and hasn't missed a beat, for the price ,I don't think you can get a better machine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sure hope so. Is 5k too much to ask for 20g? My canoes and kayak look better all the time for summer fun. Let alone the boat...

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a 2009 and never had a hole In The floor. I did have some logs strech the floor up so high the plastic turned white. Heat it gently and pushed it back down kinda level.

Gently she said lol

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
from what i have seen and heard you should have a real good 4 seater sxs. it will need the suspension turned up, and or a lift with four people riding. some better tires as the bighorns are sad at best out west. brother in law has one, loves it.:beer:

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
from what i have seen and heard you should have a real good 4 seater sxs. it will need the suspension turned up, and or a lift with four people riding. some better tires as the bighorns are sad at best out west. brother in law has one, loves it.:beer:

My expectations are low. We bought it for work on soft pipeline ROWs. It will get used for chores around home and will rarely see playtime out west except for hunting and trapping. I'm such a grinch. :)

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes i got the ranger for the same thing, mainly work on pipelines and around the yard. with only the occasional use in the west country. think io may use it this weekend.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Which tire would you recommend replacing the bighorns with ?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Which tire would you recommend replacing the bighorns with ?

for where we ride the bighorns suck, too much mud build up, become racing slicks. they work much better when you ride more gravel trails. there they shine. a bit of mud they will be ok. just not as good as zilla tires in muddier trails. more mud then you will have to go to a better mud tire, mayhems, gorilla, outlaws etc. depends where you do most of your riding.
putting 28 zilla's on brother in laws teryx 4 seater this weekend. will see how they do, should be a good comparison. will let him decide.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
for where we ride the bighorns suck, too much mud build up, become racing slicks. they work much better when you ride more gravel trails. there they shine. a bit of mud they will be ok. just not as good as zilla tires in muddier trails. more mud then you will have to go to a better mud tire, mayhems, gorilla, outlaws etc. depends where you do most of your riding.
putting 28 zilla's on brother in laws teryx 4 seater this weekend. will see how they do, should be a good comparison. will let him decide.

Thanks.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Larry let us know as Rick needs tires also.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok the zilla 28's should do better than the stock 26's. Just due to larger tire. 10's on front 12's on rear. Will see let u know

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I ran zillas on mine. 28" with a lift. The side walls were super soft. Had to replace a tire 3 times from loonie size puncture holes Also ran 15 lbs air to keep the beads on. Just my two cents. Before I sold it I put 30" plug lights xxl. Ive always disliked mud lights and anything Itp but they held up and never blew a bead. Stiff sidewalls req'd on sxs

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran zillas on mine. 28" with a lift. The side walls were super soft. Had to replace a tire 3 times from loonie size puncture holes Also ran 15 lbs air to keep the beads on. Just my two cents. Before I sold it I put 30" plug lights xxl. Ive always disliked mud lights and anything Itp but they held up and never blew a bead. Stiff sidewalls req'd on sxs

i had the 26 bighorns to small, then 28 in zillas ok but didn't clean themselves in gummy mud just didn't seem to perform now have 30 in mud lites , they work we'll not sure how they'll stand up , thought of 29.5 bighorns but would have to stay out of the mud, but it's fun. Lol.
thinking of putting a set of 27 bighorns on a second set of aftermarket rims for trips mainly hard pack.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 283

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what does a 2014 4 seater go for out the door?

I paid $16100 for the unit. Added 4500lb winch and ssvworks stereo. Plus gst. I kinda wanted the orange one but this one was cheaper by a grand or so. No blingy wheels... Oh well. I was thinking of going to 28" tires but not this year. :snowfirst:

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I paid $16100 for the unit. Added 4500lb winch and ssvworks stereo. Plus gst. I kinda wanted the orange one but this one was cheaper by a grand or so. No blingy wheels... Oh well. I was thinking of going to 28" tires but not this year. :snowfirst:

Same as Ricks machine.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ttt.

We have 1100 km on it now and zero issues mechanically. A few good trips in the mountains with 3-4 people plus gas and coolers! Bone stock! One little screw holding body work fell out, my kids pulled out a back seatbelt out all the way and it wont retract. A stick did come up thru the passenger footwell and I havent added more skidplate yet but should... I may take it to the dealer in the spring for a service and swap the belt. Maybe doo it ourselves... Comfy seats, steering wheel knob is a must for in the tight trails. If I put a lift or bigger tires it wouldnt fit in sled trailer...

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we to have a 14 with 1200kms and the only real complaint i have is that the rear susp is much to stiff to work properly and we are running 30x11x14 zillas all the way around. had to take the heat gun to the firewall and massage the plastic slightly to ensure no contact once the tires were mudded up
with the 30" rubber reverse is geared to high but tons of torque in fwd (before any clutch work) clutch is sent to v force john now to be machined as wel as recieve his clutch kit and super atv arched a-arms are on route with +1.5" rake front and rear so with these there should no longer be a need to massage plastics.
found some rear springs that are 60lbs lighter and have installed them just havent got a chance to test it (perhaps some of the rear susp stiffness is amplified from removing front swaybar? not sure but that helped the front susp dramatically)
we love the machine and it works very well stock however once things get into the garage my allergies kick in and the stock parts seem to get removed... dont seem to matter what it is... lol

Top Bottom