Kakwa snow conditions

sledd boy

Reaction score
Can anyone give me an update of the trail conditions to Kakwa from Walker Creek. Also snow conditions in the area. Thanks!!

YamaDoo PolCat

Reaction score
It's time to tune in some people. The BC Parks public use Kakwa cabin at the lake was a mess last week. You want to treat the place like a dump, then just burnt it down and be done with it so we won't have to clean up your mess and defend you pigs right to ride in the park.

Or we could just put up a fence at the Alta/BC border.

Find out who these pigs are and tune them in, cowboy style. Thank-you.

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's time to tune in some people. The BC Parks public use Kakwa cabin at the lake was a mess last week. You want to treat the place like a dump, then just burnt it down and be done with it so we won't have to clean up your mess and defend you pigs right to ride in the park.

Or we could just put up a fence at the Alta/BC border.

Find out who these pigs are and tune them in, cowboy style. Thank-you.

For sure, pick up after yourselves. Its not that difficult.

But not sure how a fence at the border will help. I have talked to numerous peeps at the cabin from the BC side. Nice that you point fingers when you don't have a clue. But I guess BC is a lot cleaner than us Albertans. :rolleyes:

YamaDoo PolCat

Reaction score
For sure, pick up after yourselves. Its not that difficult.

But not sure how a fence at the border will help. I have talked to numerous peeps at the cabin from the BC side. Nice that you point fingers when you don't have a clue. But I guess BC is a lot cleaner than us Albertans. :rolleyes:

The pictures I saw were taken by BC boys, and there was no way anyone from BC was trashing that parks cabin because they were the only people from BC in the area. It is super easy for us to keep track of anyone from the BC side that goes into the park. It was sled tramps from Alberta that left the mess at Kakwa Lake cabin.

So like I said, you cowboys are going to have to put some effort into making sure you police the swarm that comes in from the Alberta side. And clean up for the jack-asses that you don't catch.

The Kakwa Park management review is coming up soon, and you can bet BC Parks will be rubbing our noses in the ????that happens at that parks cabin during the management review. BC Parks really wants to treat Kakwa like the Wilmore where Alberta Parks doesn't let any sleds in there. Leaving trash around the Kakwa cabin is just what BC Parks needs to ban snowmobiling in the park. Or at least institute a no snowmobile zone on the trail in from the Alberta side

That's the facts, so do something now because there will be no taking the park back once we loose the access.

Last edited by a moderator:

paulw22

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can personally say I do not leave any of my junk behind. I however have been reading about the Belle cabin in McBride being trashed so does this mean there are people being irresponsible in BC?. I don't think it's fair to bash us for leaving junk behind. This is a problem everywhere, not just Kakwa. I agree we need to pick up behind the low life's who ruin our areas. At least the low life's put there garbage in one area rather than all over the park.

Paul

YamaDoo PolCat

Reaction score
I can personally say I do not leave any of my junk behind. I however have been reading about the Belle cabin in McBride being trashed so does this mean there are people being irresponsible in BC?. I don't think it's fair to bash us for leaving junk behind. This is a problem everywhere, not just Kakwa. I agree we need to pick up behind the low life's who ruin our areas. At least the low life's put there garbage in one area rather than all over the park.

Paul

Belle cabin by McBride is not in a park. You are not in danger of loosing access to that mountain.

But when people leave garbage behind at Kakwa Cabin they are actively and deliberately working against the rest of you snowmobilers. Make sure they do not come back. Got it?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The pictures I saw were taken by BC boys, and there was no way anyone from BC was trashing that parks cabin because they were the only people from BC in the area. It is super easy for us to keep track of anyone from the BC side that goes into the park. It was sled tramps from Alberta that left the mess at Kakwa Lake cabin.

So like I said, you cowboys are going to have to put some effort into making sure you police the swarm that comes in from the Alberta side. And clean up for the jack-asses that you don't catch.

The Kakwa Park management review is coming up soon, and you can bet BC Parks will be rubbing our noses in the ch!t that happens at that parks cabin during the management review. BC Parks really wants to treat Kakwa like the Wilmore where Alberta Parks doesn't let any sleds in there. Leaving trash around the Kakwa cabin is just what BC Parks needs to ban snowmobiling in the park. Or at least institute a no snowmobile zone on the trail in from the Alberta side

That's the facts, so do something now because there will be no taking the park back once we loose the access.
don't act like you BC boys are a bunch of angels, go find out who is stealing our fawking sleds from valemount and bringing them to PG, and we'll round up the garbage offenders...deal?

paulw22

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Belle cabin by McBride is not in a park. You are not in danger of loosing access to that mountain.

But when people leave garbage behind at Kakwa Cabin they are actively and deliberately working against the rest of you snowmobilers. Make sure they do not come back. Got it?

As I stated I bring out what I bring in. Why would you be so adimate about Alberta people making all the mess? I think most people on this forum are responsible. I know lots of people with cabins and camps out there that take care of there own business and are responsible, this is the group on here, why would you point fingers at us?. The cabins are simply a place for people to congregate any like all places like that garbage gets left behind by irresponsible people. I don't know who left the mess, nor do you, why take it out on the responsible people?

Bowen

Reaction score

I ride Kakwa from the Alberta and BC side. Have seen numerous cans, garbage etc coming in the Walker Creek Road so it is NOT just a problem with Albertans. This is all CROWN land we ride on and we ALL pay the taxs that support it. There is bad apples everywhere, don't think that some don't come from your neck of the woods. Maybe find out where the majority of donations come from to help keep Kakwa open, you may be surprised. The Grande Prairie snowmobile club does a stellar job in trying to keep the BC regulatory agencies satisfied. This comes directly from the park service rangers that use and patrol this area.:nono:

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really have nothing to add to this because i don't use this said area, seen lots of beautiful pictures and listened to many great stories of it....... I will add this though.....My Mommy once told me "Its not nice to point!"

oh and one more thing, Presentation.
I think i can speak for many people here....
we are all on the same team here........ jus' say'n :rolleyes:

YamaDoo PolCat

Reaction score
don't act like you BC boys are a bunch of angels, go find out who is stealing our fawking sleds from valemount and bringing them to PG, and we'll round up the garbage offenders...deal?

Good. If we find them I know they will be lynched. I know some BC boys that gave a couple thieves the cure on the Hart Highway. It works awesome.

Anyway back to the point. It was Alberta garbage left at the Kakwa Cabin, we know where the BC riders were during that time period. So don't go crabby on me, I'm just telling you so those that come in from the Alberta side can keep a sharper look out.

The only reason anyone from BC goes to the Kakwa Cabin is to see how many Albertan's are there, what shape the cabin is in, and if any of the old timers are around. I know it wasn't any of our Albertan friends that would do that to Kakwa Cabin, so the rest of you are going to have to pick up the slack.

I'd rather have you guys all twitchy at me for speaking my piece than dealing with BC Parks this summer when their green friends bring in the evidence of why snowmobiles should be banned in Kakwa Park.

My mom said "It's not nice to point and laugh". I aren't laughing or pointing. Just saying it like it is. Look after it or loose it friend.

"...The Grande Prairie snowmobile club does a stellar job in trying to keep the BC regulatory agencies satisfied. This comes directly from the park service rangers that use and patrol this area..."

All right, keep up the good work Grande Prairie. But just remember, (and this comes from personal experience in BC) those regulatory agencies will still be smiling and patting your back when they close the park. Never think you are winning, or got any credit when you need it.

Another fact of life in BC is there is a huge population that want the NDP back in power. When BC gets an NDP government the civil servants have always taken revenge on the province with tons of new regulations. Kakwa would be one of the first places to go closed at the slightest excuse, so keep Kakwa Park as clean as possible for our access fights in the future.

When you see someone toss a sandwich wrapper out in the park, that is a vote to close the park.

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just curious as to how you know who has been in there from the BC side and where they rode.

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will know tomorrow. Fill you in Sunday. I'll be going into the park AND packing my garbage out.

xteam_17

Reaction score
i have been sledding into kakwa 10 short years and i think it is the most beautiful place in the world . I also think people from both sides need to show as much respect as they can for this cherished place . Unfortunately the few that make the messes and get killed in avalanches always get put in the limelight by the media and anti sled league so we must all be careful and stay safe.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will know tomorrow. Fill you in Sunday. I'll be going into the park AND packing my garbage out.
just like your last trip? :D

zalsgarbageSmall.jpg

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LMAO, hope not. But it proves that what I take in, I take out!
No garbage behind.

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just imagine if there was no border between BC and Alberta. This pissin match would be about blaming other people or heaven forbid! "fellow Canadians" for leaving their garbage where they shouldn't. Blaming others and saying where they come from reminds me of high school where it was one school fighting against another whenever they happened to meet.

I too have heard that this cabin has been left a complete garbage mess at times and those pointing the fingers are absolutely positive about who did it. It's not really rocket science to figure out who it was. Having said that, it doesn't much matter where they are from. If people keep this up they are the ones to thank for the loss of another riding area.

So if you are one of the losers that has total disregard for others and the freedoms we enjoy and you are reading this. Clean up your fawking mess before someone shoves it down your throat or up your chute! Everyone is sick of having to clean up your mess. We are not your mothers!

If I see you leaving garbage you can be sure I will be handing it over to you in one of 3 ways. The nice way is in your hand.

Last edited:
Top Bottom