Just another Newb needing advice!

Reaction score
Hello everbody, long time listener first time caller. I grew up in the lower mainland and directed all my power sports needs into Harley's and car's. But since I am now finding Fort McMurray home I feel the need to get into Snowmobiles and a freind recomended this site. ANy info directed my way would be a great help as I know nothing about the sport except that I will be ball deep in another month.

I am looking for a decent riding sled for the Ft Mc area for a larger rider 6'3" 280 lbs. I'm gonna be taking it back to BC during the winter months so a nice split between trail riding and mountains will be needed. Let's hear those opinions.

rigrat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome. For a larger person such as yourself, you might consider a M1000 153. You will appreciate the extra torque and larger track. Have a good 1.:beer:

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello everbody, long time listener first time caller. I grew up in the lower mainland and directed all my power sports needs into Harley's and car's. But since I am now finding Fort McMurray home I feel the need to get into Snowmobiles and a freind recomended this site. ANy info directed my way would be a great help as I know nothing about the sport except that I will be ball deep in another month.

I am looking for a decent riding sled for the Ft Mc area for a larger rider 6'3" 280 lbs. I'm gonna be taking it back to BC during the winter months so a nice split between trail riding and mountains will be needed. Let's hear those opinions.

welcome aboard

Ya, m1000 153 would work for ya, we just snagged abunch of great deals from arctic cat on some non current sleds, check out our website for the deal breakdown.

t

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go with a solid mountain sled...you can ride any trail whenever you want but a trail sled is a lot of work in the big hills!:twocents::cool:

Metalfusion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2009 Polaris 800 Assault for sale. Great power and the 146" track will work well in both places. Im a little bigger than you and this thing has enough power to scare the pants off a newbie. Im only changing sleds to go to a 162" track for mountain specific riding. Dont really do any flatland riding anymore.

grnboyz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site!!!:thumbsup2:
Riding sleds will be the best itch you will ever scratch:bluesbros:
I wouldn't recommend wearing your Harley helmet though Dale
:lol2:

Top Bottom