jetting on a 2001 mountain cat 800

bjingling

Reaction score
I have a 2001 mountain cat 800 that is bored out to 883 plus speed were head and twin pipes just wondering if any one has suggestions on jetting.

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your going to be trying to jog a lot of memories with that one my advice is to start rich and work lean if u have egt's even better maybe call a few of the dealers that have been around a while

outlaw in vegreville
cc cycle in westlock
dons speed n weed In wainwright
t&t Bonnyville

to the best of my knowledge the older dogs from that erra are still around those shops and may be able to give you an idea where to start

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Speedwerx might also be able to help you out. If not there I guy with the username reeb on snowest and arcticchat that could probably help. He's probably worked on more mountain cats then most have seen lol

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2001 mountain cat ain't efi? I thought most cats around that time were. Best thing to do is start fat and go down from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a stock 01 and ran between 350-370 jets depending on elevation. I would think if you started with 400 you should be safe to tune from there. Will need some snow on the ground to tune it properly though.

Top Bottom