Israel at War

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
What do you mean by a blue water navy? China right now has the largest navy in the world with the most ships and most personnel. Although they are the largest they are not believed to be the most powerful as they only have 2 aircraft carriers but a good number of submarines and intermediate size ships.
they have the other countries hugely out numbered with air craft though. but yeah they are only have about 2/3 the ships of china. but you have to keep in mind the age and capability of what each has....the US navy ships are better equipped

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do you mean by a blue water navy? China right now has the largest navy in the world with the most ships and most personnel. Although they are the largest they are not believed to be the most powerful as they only have 2 aircraft carriers but a good number of submarines and intermediate size ships.
they don't have the ability to project power anywhere in the world and support those forces at anywhere near the level of the US navy if at all. the US has been doing that for years via entire carrier strike groups for example. china cannot do this. achieving this capability is one of their prime directives however. they're considered a green water navy but that is changing.
the US has depending on the source, 10 or 11 strike groups. Don't think china has even one and certainly not the experience to orchestrate and operate a strike group.
Carrier strike groups can strike targets from 1,000 miles away and can strike from even farther distances with aerial refueling. They “can defend against air, missile, and submarine attack, and can maintain maritime security over an area of hundreds of square miles,” according to Bryan Clark, a former U.S. Navy officer and defense expert at the Hudson Institute, who spoke to Business Insider after the USS Gerald Ford was deployed.

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they don't have the ability to project power anywhere in the world and support those forces at anywhere near the level of the US navy if at all. the US has been doing that for years via entire carrier strike groups for example. china cannot do this. achieving this capability is one of their prime directives however. they're considered a green water navy but that is changing.
the US has depending on the source, 10 or 11 strike groups. Don't think china has even one and certainly not the experience to orchestrate and operate a strike group.
Carrier strike groups can strike targets from 1,000 miles away and can strike from even farther distances with aerial refueling. They “can defend against air, missile, and submarine attack, and can maintain maritime security over an area of hundreds of square miles,” according to Bryan Clark, a former U.S. Navy officer and defense expert at the Hudson Institute, who spoke to Business Insider after the USS Gerald Ford was deployed.
Oh for sure. I’m well aware of the US Navy’s capabilities and how well protected they are by other ships and air assets. I guess I was confused why China doesn’t have that ability albeit in a much smaller capacity? You would think they would build an armada and put it in place for their 2 carriers which are quite modern. If they don’t have the support around those 2 ships then it would be in their best interests to not project power on the globe with them as they would be easy marks for the US or anyone for that matter.

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh for sure. I’m well aware of the US Navy’s capabilities and how well protected they are by other ships and air assets. I guess I was confused why China doesn’t have that ability albeit in a much smaller capacity? You would think they would build an armada and put it in place for their 2 carriers which are quite modern. If they don’t have the support around those 2 ships then it would be in their best interests to not project power on the globe with them as they would be easy marks for the US or anyone for that matter.
they're trying their best to achieve parity. until then, they're just biding their time.
also why they've developed "carrier killer" missiles.

Radar78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you folks truly believe anyone knows what china really has? I would bet they dont let out anything near the truth of what they have.

Well BILTIT, if you don’t know what China really has, then China doesn’t even know what China really has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Russia has the worlds largest stockpile of nuclear weapons.

What happens if russia and china team up?? (BRICS)
Mutually assured destruction. Doesn't much matter who has the most nukes. Fire just one and there's gonna be more than enough of them flying around to completely destroy the human race. The planet will eventually heal, but we won't exist any more. And maybe we don't deserve to.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mutually assured destruction. Doesn't much matter who has the most nukes. Fire just one and there's gonna be more than enough of them flying around to completely destroy the human race. The planet will eventually heal, but we won't exist any more. And maybe we don't deserve to.
That’s also what I was raised/taught to believe. Not so sure about that anymore 🤷‍♂️

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the biggest problem with the chinese military is the men are usually the only child in the family, have been ultra coddled and spoiled, feel entitled, likely won't put up a longevity fight, don't have much faith in there determination and or fight they have in them! just an observation!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you folks truly believe anyone knows what china really has? I would bet they dont let out anything near the truth of what they have.
It’s hard to say but I’m sure the west has plenty of satellite photos and intelligence on what they have and what they are working on. Most of the stuff they are releasing looks a lot like US jets and IS carriers. They are the world’s best copiers and probably have the most spies in the field. Trump said the other day in the last year 28,000 Chinese nationals mostly 18-25 military age males have entered the US via the southern border. That’s pretty alarming.

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So maybe their army is already here?

That open border sure would be an easy way to smuggle in an army wuthout people knowing...

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

How much data do you think you could gather with a fleet of satellites with 300+ft diameter radio receivers that can pick up a cell phone call from geostationary orbit?

Or imaging satellites with resolution down to about 6 inches at earths surface?

Or a fleet of servers that collect, decrypt and analyze internet traffic from around the world?

Pretty sure the US knows within a very small margin of error what China's military capabilities are.

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe but they cant seem to stop them from crossing the border, infiltrating govt, taking the worlds production so we all depend on what they make, spy balloons etc etc. I think you under estimate them.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe but they cant seem to stop them from crossing the border, infiltrating govt, taking the worlds production so we all depend on what they make, spy balloons etc etc. I think you under estimate them.

I'm not underestimating them at all, I think they are dead set on becoming the sole superpower on Earth, and have the means to achieve it. They're just not there yet, give them 10-20 years and they will be.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure the US underestimates China. Everything I’ve seen from interviews of Austin, Milley and Kirby has them saying China is their biggest threat and not Russia anymore. Like Jc said, Russia is a shell of what they used to be. They are formidable but if they can’t beat Ukraine they will never beat the US.

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not underestimating them at all, I think they are dead set on becoming the sole superpower on Earth, and have the means to achieve it. They're just not there yet, give them 10-20 years and they will be.
They dont need to be the strongest when they have weakened the enemy from within for decades.

Kind

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

5e3d0c4c231623aa771e9523a95de5eb.jpg

7f4087a7dcdca6fd4de7add6a2455823.jpg

Top Bottom