iPhone is soooooo awesome !

Snow Monkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love it love it love it. I must admit I miss the Torch alot. The iPhone is so different than Blackberries. I am sure I will be 80 before I figure it all out, but that's okay. I am learning and I love tha apps. The telus store I bought it from asked me to bring in the cases and the adapters I bought for the Torch and they will refund me. They said they feel bad that they sold me 2 bum Torches. Which by the way I still recommend the Torch.

One thing I am asking is does everyone notice the battery fully drains in less than a full day and am I maybe leaving programs running without knowing it, causing the fast battery drain ?

Thank you in advance.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I noticed the battery lasts all day. That being about 12 hours.
It is a great phone. FaceTime works great too.

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had two iPhone and the batteries on both seemed to drain really fast when I first got them, after a few weeks they seem to build up strength and last longer. Don't forget to get the MEC Avalanche app, you'll get regular avi updates.

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mine is a piece of chit i get lots of drop calls reception isnt the greatest :realmad:

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mine is a piece of chit i get lots of drop calls reception isnt the greatest :realmad:

ill second that.. went to apple yesterday. and well the guy was awesome with me.. go a new one.. but still the same no service issue.. i guess Telus, and Bell are the ones they see the most problems wiht.. so im fighting wiht Telus and iam getting the new blackberry.. Apple product is the chit and ill back them anyday. but untill telus can get there chit together im blackberry.

but ya. no service ever!! i can be down town calgary and low and behold no service but everyone is on there phones all aound me. or anywhere i go..

im done venting now:realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad:

p.s. best part was when i was on the phone with telus 2 times.. the call was dropped.. and they said there is no issues?? huh weird

Snow Monkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its SNOW and MUD, and you're in SNOWMOBILE CHAT

Yes I realized that after the fact when I went back to find this and didn't see it where it was supposed to be. Sorry but I don't know how to move this to the right spot.

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
ill second that.. went to apple yesterday. and well the guy was awesome with me.. go a new one.. but still the same no service issue.. i guess Telus, and Bell are the ones they see the most problems wiht.. so im fighting wiht Telus and iam getting the new blackberry.. Apple product is the chit and ill back them anyday. but untill telus can get there chit together im blackberry.

but ya. no service ever!! i can be down town calgary and low and behold no service but everyone is on there phones all aound me. or anywhere i go..

im done venting now:realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad:

p.s. best part was when i was on the phone with telus 2 times.. the call was dropped.. and they said there is no issues?? huh weird

i know the iphone 3G had some issues with service/drop calls... the 3GS being a bit better. i had a 3GS and had good service but battery sucked. I notice the 4G battery power is quite the improvement

I love it love it love it. I must admit I miss the Torch alot. The iPhone is so different than Blackberries. I am sure I will be 80 before I figure it all out, but that's okay. I am learning and I love tha apps. The telus store I bought it from asked me to bring in the cases and the adapters I bought for the Torch and they will refund me. They said they feel bad that they sold me 2 bum Torches. Which by the way I still recommend the Torch.

One thing I am asking is does everyone notice the battery fully drains in less than a full day and am I maybe leaving programs running without knowing it, causing the fast battery drain ?

Thank you in advance.

the iphone is superior to the blackberry.... its a wicked phone, enjoy!

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i know the iphone 3G had some issues with service/drop calls... the 3GS being a bit better. i had a 3GS and had good service but battery sucked. I notice the 4G battery power is quite the improvement

the iphone is superior to the blackberry.... its a wicked phone, enjoy!

I have the 3 g and if u go in your settings and turn 3g off you will see a great improvement Theres also a setting to dim the screen and lock keys timer. Adjust those settings also. That will make it better but still not great. They definitly need to fix this battery issue in the future

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe they will save that problem with the 5G :)

The Iphone 4 i heard had big problems if you didnt have a case, especially if your left handed , it would cause the antenna to short out and not get any service thats why any iphone 4 you get now includes a case.

Snow Monkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Iphone 4 i heard had big problems if you didnt have a case, especially if your left handed , it would cause the antenna to short out and not get any service thats why any iphone 4 you get now includes a case.

I didn't get a case, harsh.

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
and im a lefty... the antenna on the 4G is all the way around the edges of the phone. supposely you cover it with your hand. apples fix was to hold the phone differently.

thats like telling you to start driving on the left side of the road!

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and im a lefty... the antenna on the 4G is all the way around the edges of the phone. supposely you cover it with your hand. apples fix was to hold the phone differently.

thats like telling you to start driving on the left side of the road!

I'm a lefty too and have had no dropped call issues cause of it, I have been looking at the cell tower and had very poor reception. Lose it a lot on the highway and also lose it a lot in downtown Calgary but it doesn't seem to matter which hand I'm holdong it with. The iPhone 4 is a nifty gadget but tough to actually do business with when compared to the BB. I will be going back to a BB at the first opportunity, Telus usually gives me a smart phone at a really good discount once a year so only about 7 more months to go.

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a lefty too and have had no dropped call issues cause of it, I have been looking at the cell tower and had very poor reception. Lose it a lot on the highway and also lose it a lot in downtown Calgary but it doesn't seem to matter which hand I'm holdong it with. The iPhone 4 is a nifty gadget but tough to actually do business with when compared to the BB. I will be going back to a BB at the first opportunity, Telus usually gives me a smart phone at a really good discount once a year so only about 7 more months to go.

There are 2 points on the the metal rim that if contacted at the same time will short out the antena causeing a dropped call of crappy reception. This could be your problem.

Deasoninc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had both the BB and the Iphones and the iPhone is hands down the best out of the the in my opinion. As far as getting a longer life you can turn off the location service , this is a big drain. I also jail broke my iPhone 4 and am impressed at the number of apps available out there that Itunes does not support.

Top Bottom