Information on “sick days” regarding staffing shortages....

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Is there any public information out there regarding a comparison of before COVID and after the vaccines that would inform us of the numbers of sick days that staff in critical positions (Health Care, police forces, airline pilots, airport staff, restaurant staff, etc..) have taken.

We all know that the vaccines/boosters are phucking with peoples immune systems but some data would be nice to compare the scenarios of those who had to get the jab to keep their jobs and how the sick days were affected.

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife works for Canada post. Out of no where they gave everyone 7 more “personal days” this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JayT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My brother-in-law works for EPS, He said at any given time 20% of staff is not working due to sickness or personal days. To his knowledge that's pretty standard across-the-board right now through all the public agencies. It was never like this before

pommie_git

Reaction score

fj40

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I don't think the sick day data is going to confirm one way or the other, if the shot has harmed people.
As people will be taking more time off with a little sniffle. And no one can/will question them.
"I think I could have covid"
People that show up to work that have any symptoms if a cold will be given a hard time.
Look how bad day care is now kids can,t go there with any symptoms at all.
Mom or Dad call in sick no question asked.
Also people got use to missing days.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Yeah I don't think the sick day data is going to confirm one way or the other, if the shot has harmed people.
It would be interesting to see. Also, with kids sick and parents taking more time off, that in itself is another measure that something is happening. I’m not thinking specifically of the harm of the vaccines but more the problem of people being more sickly. All of the sick days is a tremendous cost to society. Business can only stand so much expense then prices have to go up.
Surely, someone out there has access to data regarding sick day usage.....

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there any public information out there regarding a comparison of before COVID and after the vaccines that would inform us of the numbers of sick days that staff in critical positions (Health Care, police forces, airline pilots, airport staff, restaurant staff, etc..) have taken.

We all know that the vaccines/boosters are phucking with peoples immune systems but some data would be nice to compare the scenarios of those who had to get the jab to keep their jobs and how the sick days were affected.
Im more worried about the pigeons being government drones.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-01-08 at 4.09.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-08 at 4.09.49 PM.png
    251.3 KB · Views: 109

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Im more worried about the pigeons being government drones.
I’m not worried about very much regarding COVID and the vaccines. I do have 2 sons and 5 grandkids that are vaccinated and that concerns me but it is out of my control and there is nothing I can do.
I threw this out there just to try and find some information.
I sort of get where you are going and I am laughing.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My brother and I were talking about this a few days before Xmas while discussing Xmas bonuses. Trying to figure out what is the best way to base bonuses on.

Said maybe we should make it based on amount of months or years worked for company and then deduct x amount for number of sick days they take. Seems some really abuse the system. Granted if sick too much they dont get paid for all of the days anyway but it seems there are such weak excuses nowadays. If we have to hire extra people to cover sick days then they are mad because there is not enough work to go around.

I

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think a more interesting comparison would be in which jobs do the employees take all or most of the sick days they are alloted every year.

Something tells me government, education and postal workers would top the list.

I don't get paid for sick days, so I average less than 1 per year. Others in the company do get paid sick days, they average a 1-2 sick days per month. Funny how that works.

Didn't Trudeau just give 10 sick days per year to all federally regulated workers? Thinking you'll see a spike of sick days in those professions too.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I was a finning guy we had a bet on how quick certain people would use up their sick days. The quickest was one month. I took sick days when I was sick and when I left the company I had saved a ton of days and was paid out for them. That was a nice payday. My first year with the company we never got paid sick days till after one year on the job.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know in BC employers have to give 5 days sick leave now.
It's good and bad, it allows a parent to stay home for a day if their kid is sick or for themselves.
Wife has worked in childcare for 20years and it's always been a revolving sickness every winter. One sick kid can cause a big disruption.
The bad is some people will abuse it, fact of our society now.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some people have had 6 jabs, are they more at risk of getting covid? Time will tell, because the lack of stats are not. One very dangerous experiment.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most of my staff have laptops. Even when home sick they still do some work as do I.

Top Bottom