Importing Honda atv from U.S

Reaction score
So i purchased 3 Honda CRF250r's in the us not knowing that i would need anything special to be able to import them properly. Turns out i need a factory clearance letter from Honda and Honda wont give me one. I have brought over sleds and it has never been an issue. Instead of a factory clearance letter i would get a service history letter and that has been sufficient or worst case scenario i could always pay the 500 bucks and buy a clearance letter which i am more than happy to do, to support a local dealer but Honda doesnt allow independent dealers and will not sell them i've heard . Anyways i'm driving back and am still on the U.S. side of the border and am wondering if any one has done thins and can help me out with my options.

maxpower

Reaction score
For a vehicle if you take the bill of sale on dealership letter head and write no outstanding recalls then it should be fine. I did this with my car. Also RIV can lookup a lot of recalls online and do so regularly for a lot of ATV's. Give RIV a call with the VIN's and see what a human being says, they are pretty flexible on some units and they do some digging for you.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What a bunch of crap what happened to free trade, wish i could help you.

burnt toast

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For a vehicle if you take the bill of sale on dealership letter head and write no outstanding recalls then it should be fine. I did this with my car. Also RIV can lookup a lot of recalls online and do so regularly for a lot of ATV's. Give RIV a call with the VIN's and see what a human being says, they are pretty flexible on some units and they do some digging for you.

I agree, I did this with my Cadillac. Just go to a Honda dealer and get something on the letter head with serial number for each bike stating they are clear of all recalls. Just curious where did u buy them from private or a dealer?

Reaction score
I agree, I did this with my Cadillac. Just go to a Honda dealer and get something on the letter head with serial number for each bike stating they are clear of all recalls. Just curious where did u buy them from private or a dealer?

I got them in Utah, 2 private 1 dealer. I guess if they sell a Canadian a honda knowing that it will be imported, Honda will pull their dealer license from them cause they don't want Canadians saving the same $2000 the Americans save.

Top Bottom