Identify this tool ?

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was going throw some of my dad’s stuff and came across this tool, I had no idea what it is used for.
Asked a bunch of people and no one knew what it was,

We was a jewelry maker and a model train and toy collector in his later years..... I have a bunch of his lapidary equipment, model train gear, he went all over North America collecting models, toys, semi precious stones in raw form and re-selling them, so I don’t know if it’s something he used or it came with something he bought and he didn’t know what it was......It would be like him to keep it around just to puzzle me, when I finally got around to going through his stuff....

Had to google the only clues that are on the handle, to finally figure out what it's used for......and that even took a bit.....

Lets see if anyone here knows what it is.....someone should now that I've figured it out

Attachments

• IMG_0346C.jpg
    IMG_0346C.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 294

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Correct, just not sure what my dad would have it for, I just kept trying to place it in the activities he was involved with....where can a guy buy the bldes for it in the Edmonton area?

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like a type of soldering iron brazing type tool

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dido
Tire groover!
Post it on a 4x4 site it will be sold in no time. I think they are a couple hundred bucks or more. But don't quote me!

Last edited:

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup figured a tire groover. Much older than any of the ones I've used. Like OK19 says if you want to get rid of it post it on a 4x4 site.

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe he was a street racer by night and never told you...cutting grooves into his cheaater slicks!

Top Bottom