ice scratchers

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just picked up a pair of scratchers, i have seen them placed on friends sleds before but never paid close attention to the excat location. i got the dimensions on where the holes need to be drilled in relation to each other, but where excatly do they work best on the track? can anybody send me a pic or a brief description? i'm gonna be putting them on my '07 summit.

summer isn't here just yet....

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Scratchers

just picked up a pair of scratchers, i have seen them placed on friends sleds before but never paid close attention to the excat location. I got the dimensions on where the holes need to be drilled in relation to each other, but where excatly do they work best on the track? can anybody send me a pic or a brief description? i'm gonna be putting them on my '07 summit. Summer isn't here just yet....
the scratchers can go anywhere on the skid rails...... They splatter snow up into the track and throw it around.... I've seen them right at the back of the skid, and i've also seen some that actually mount on the front skiis........ Wherever you can find a mounting point that doesn't interfere with suspension or moving parts is a good place. Had trouble finding a good spot on my rt1000 162" skid too. Good luck:cool:

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Scratchers

the scratchers can go anywhere on the skid rails...... They splatter snow up into the track and throw it around.... I've seen them right at the back of the skid, and i've also seen some that actually mount on the front skiis........ Wherever you can find a mounting point that doesn't interfere with suspension or moving parts is a good place. Had trouble finding a good spot on my rt1000 162" skid too. Good luck:cool:

Picked some up (Over the top) for the rail system. When put on 166" rail they appear to be back more than I like, As I don't want to remove front idler, So have to mount back some. As the rails are tipped upward, This is where the scratcher lies on snowpack & not much on rail system but should spray up on cooler. So I got some SLP ski scratchers so they spray from skis toward track. I had these on previous sled & they worked very well. Putting both sets on & I am assuming I have it all covered hey?!

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Scratchers

Picked some up (Over the top) for the rail system. When put on 166" rail they appear to be back more than I like, As I don't want to remove front idler, So have to mount back some. As the rails are tipped upward, This is where the scratcher lies on snowpack & not much on rail system but should spray up on cooler. So I got some SLP ski scratchers so they spray from skis toward track. I had these on previous sled & they worked very well. Putting both sets on & I am assuming I have it all covered hey?!

Another thing we had done for a quick fix.... BAD ASS brought some 3/8 or 7/16 bolts & nuts. Drilled a hole behind spindle & double nutted bolt thru. Sounds dumb I know, But sure worked well with lots of spray backward to track.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mounted mine about 4mm behind outside front idler(06 Rev151), far enough forward to throw snow on most of the under carrige. Had them mounted farther back before but rear spring made contact when suspension bottomed and eventaully broke scratcher,was still throwing enough snow in this location before it broke. Anywhere on the front 2/3 of rail should be fine as long as you have no contact with suspension.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another thing we had done for a quick fix.... BAD ASS brought some 3/8 or 7/16 bolts & nuts. Drilled a hole behind spindle & double nutted bolt thru. Sounds dumb I know, But sure worked well with lots of spray backward to track.

Did the same last trip, worked real well.

GRD

Reaction score
Bad Ass made me a set and they work well!

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they work great .........just remember to put them up before you back up. Just what I've heard not takling from exsperence at all...... Yes they will bend back to thier original shape somewhat.
LOL

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
they work great .........just remember to put them up before you back up. Just what I've heard not takling from exsperence at all...... Yes they will bend back to thier original shape somewhat.
LOL

You can purchase the reversable ones,.... They claim they will not break if you forget to latch back to rail. I don't know anything about those & would be interesting to hear feed back if anybody is using them.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I've slid backwards with the scratchers on and they bent and the were bent back into place just fine but if it happens again they will break. Wouldn't have a sled without scratcher, especially in the spring.

LOL

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Better Late Than never

I guess I should think about putting those ice scrappers on (that have been sitting on my work becnch for the past three months) now that I have a few spare moments!!!!!:rolleyes:

Top Bottom