I Would Like to Borrow/Rent an Enclosed Trailer

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
People here definitely prefer wood. That being said, I would much prefer a laminate over vinyl products. And removing a ton of k3 to be able to install any nailed down floor can be an expensive or time consumming job. You get what you pay for, if your only dropping $1 a foot on product your not going to get a very nice floor. I'd stay clear of home Depot or timber town type products. And don't cheap out on underpad. You put down a nice underpad in will help with the floor temp and sound.
I've been in construction for 30+ years and I'll take laminate over vinyl as well. Now..... I only need the house for about 2 more years, maybe less...... I wasn't going to go with any underpad, but you think I should? And what would you recommend?

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With out any underpad you could end up with knocking/creaking. Any decent foam with a vapour barrier

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So......I ended up getting hurt at work last week, as well as picking up a nasty cold. Jacky has decided to go with a moving company and I'm going to support her on this one ;)
Thank you for the 2 offers, on lending me a trailer, it is muchly appreciated :beer: :beer:
And thank you, Chump. For the flooring advice :beer:

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was texting with Jacky earlier, she's teaching today. She said there is a couple of instructors and hubbys with trucks and with my truck she's thinking of moving a bunch of stuff on the 13th. Or she said she can get movers on the 15th and be done in a day. The reason for the movers, is because of my foot.... She's so indecisive...

Thanks Ric, I tore the main ligament that holds my ankle and outside of my foot together. About 14 days to heal and have to be very careful where I step.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you guys can afford to get the movers. If you're like me you will feel guilty about having friends move you stuff and will want to help. And then hurts your foot even more. If you pay someone you can sit back and relax

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Exactly Keith, there is no way I can sit on the side lines and have friends move her stuff in. And she suggested the movers, after I hurt my foot.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$950 they moved my entire house 3 guys and a large truck. $140 per hour

Top Bottom