Hunters Range Conditions?

cobbycat

Reaction score
was up owlshead yesterday and there was some untracked snow to be had but EVERYTHING was sliding about 1'-2' deep. and I do mean everything! hunters should be good for snow but I'd stay off the hills and stick to the meadows.

cheers

TMAC

Reaction score
Hey, just got back, did Fri. Sat. @ Hunters. Not bad, the trail was groomed to the 2nd. cabin. Marked up a bit, but still lots to ride. Safer than Owls or Blue Lake.

B safe

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Looks like we are going to get at least a skiff up there for the next couple of days, so maybe good for the weekend.

Since the daughter is coming along - no hills in these conditions. She has to practice her tree riding anyway!

XPeep

Reaction score
was up laforge today. Awesome powder up top, but NOTHING down on the bottom. Unloaded at the staging area, and about 500 meters up the trail you have about 1 km of mud, dirt and rocks to drive thru. Cant beleive they are still charging full trail pass rates for what? driving you sled on gravel?

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
XPeep.

Amazing day. We never made it past the chalet, as the guys I was with (and my daughter) were more than happy to play in the meadows. Lots of stucks, and lots of fun. My daughter even got the hand of sidehilling (on Dad's sled of course).

Club can't help the weather! We went up Brash and the trail in was pretty decent - they are going to have to move the drag up though. We staged up Brash at 5.5 kms as well and as soon as I rounded the corner I know that was a mistake. Two more days and it will be clear to 7.5km. It would have been easy to make it up had I known, but they were pretty bunched up there as well. Funny - I remember there was more snow on the trail in May of 2008.

Greg

Last edited:

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is the road into Hunter's behind Backus? We stay in Mara but always head to Owl and Blue.

BOONDOCKINDAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
to get to hunters you take mabel lake rd in enderby for about 10kms to watershed rd. thats the first staging area. there is another staging area further down mabel lake rd too. not sure how far. its called laforge.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks, figures we would likely try the sketchy way in verses an easy way! just a little further to enderby but maybe we will try that route first.

skeeter800x

Reaction score
Laforge is the best way to get into some good riding from Enderby. That will take you into Superbowl and Owls head area quicker than the main lot at Watershed.

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was up with Dare Ya on Tuesday. Can find some fresh, was heavy. Has been warm all week.

This morning we got hit with 20+ cm at Silver Star and it is still snowing hard. Should make for great weekend.

Staging about 13k on Brash. Road is in great condition up.

BOONDOCKINDAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hunters didnt get as much as silver star that forsure! maybe 8 inches at best at the back cabin. hero snow everywhere, climb anything. still beats sittin on the couch! probably gonna go up on good friday again.

PowMower

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How far up to get to unload? I'm thinking of going up for a couple hours this saturday.
What's it like right now (mid may)

Top Bottom