HPS cans P/A head combo lots of stock

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay well guys I do know who he is. Very interesting. Im running MTNTK fix kit with PA 13.1head SLP pipe combo with PCV using ONLY Shell premium. Altitude here is 1849ft. Just had to clean the map up right at the 5000rpm mark. In the premium setting will det unless I run 60%av that is for here. Never used the ethanol mode because you are adding more fuel and the timing curve is changed. Now I see how U might be getting away with all your mods and only premium. I will try the ethanol mod this year. As For driving this sled at my altitude I don't I have a swb assault that I use. But I do try to do testing a little bit around home to make sure things are good once I get to the hills. Seems to me that there are some combos that work great for people and others not so much. So Chris I assume if you can run premium at such a low altitude that you must just be running it at elevation, And all your doing is switching the ethanol plug to premium??

The ethanol setting does not change timing !!!! 5% fuel that's it. Yes all run is premium fuel.

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
okay thought there was some timing changes.

Just curious why in the fix kit thread did you tell this guy.?

Re: Will Mtntk Fix Kit Actually Work?
"You will need some sort of mix in the tank, 50/50 av would be a good start if you want to run that 13.1 head at home. " He says he's at 2000ft

Not trying to start something just trying to figure out why I have det at 1849 elevation and need 60/40 to get rid of it here. This guy your telling needs 50/50 to start with. You have abunch more mods and are at 2500 and you Can run premium.
I know that there's a small elevation change between all 3 scenarios but that isn't the answer. If I run 30% av at 6000ft and higher I can remove det on the premium setting. AGAIN not starting anything here JUST want to be able to run premium at altitude just like you.

Thanks for any help that you give me and any others with this same problem.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
okay thought there was some timing changes.

Just curious why in the fix kit thread did you tell this guy.?

Re: Will Mtntk Fix Kit Actually Work?
"You will need some sort of mix in the tank, 50/50 av would be a good start if you want to run that 13.1 head at home. " He says he's at 2000ft

Not trying to start something just trying to figure out why I have det at 1849 elevation and need 60/40 to get rid of it here. This guy your telling needs 50/50 to start with. You have abunch more mods and are at 2500 and you Can run premium.
I know that there's a small elevation change between all 3 scenarios but that isn't the answer. If I run 30% av at 6000ft and higher I can remove det on the premium setting. AGAIN not starting anything here JUST want to be able to run premium at altitude just like you.

Thanks for any help that you give me and any others with this same problem.

A GOOD START IT SAYS. I cant fix your problem on line for you bud. Not all sleds are the same for all I know your knock sensor could be bad or to tight. clutching is a big factor, if your loading it enough. You said you took fuel away from the map ?????? how are you reeding the exhaust temps. 700 feet difference, Wouldn't I look like a douche if I told some guy in sask to run prem with his 13.1 and pistons and it blew up!!!!! I said start with a blend and pull it back from there. When people ask for help over the net all I can give is my best guess with the info given.

Last edited:

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A GOOD START IT SAYS. I cant fix your problem on line for you bud. Not all sleds are the same for all I know your knock sensor could be bad or to tight. clutching is a big factor, if your loading it enough. You said you took fuel away from the map ?????? how are you reeding the exhaust temps. 700 feet difference, Wouldn't I look like a douche if I told some guy in sask to run prem with his 13.1 and pistons and it blew up!!!!! I said start with a blend and pull it back from there. When people ask for help over the net all I can give is my best guess with the info given.

I totally agree that all sleds are different, our setups are different as well. Just trying to get away from using Av gas like you. As for readings I'm using a AF gauge and lots of plug and piston wash checks. The fuel I pulled out was 5% at 4750-5000due to a rich loading up condition. As for weight yep maybe I need to load the mid area a bit more. My det is in the mid area usually tree playing this is the only rpm ish area that I get it. Hope to have a good year and will see how it works. I might have to make a trip in your direction if I can't get it dialled in. And see if you can work some magic lol

Danbot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chris, I plan to grab a few goodies from you at the sled show. Will you have chains and sprockets on hand? Will be looking for 19/45 or 46 combo with chain.

Top Bottom