HPS cans P/A head combo lots of stock

Russell P

Reaction score
What's the ratio on a stock head? Thought they were 12.5.1? If so, is there any advantage to running a PAR 12.5.1?

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On my 12 I can run my 13.1 all day long at home on prem fuel.

Audette13

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No prob Adam, how long did it take

Just over 2 hours to remove factory brackets, dry fit brace and drill out all holes. (2 guys , 2 drills), just waiting for paint now.
photo (2).jpg

Mostlyasian

Reaction score
Hey Chris,

Are you doing the MTNTK snowchecking that they have advertised? Obviously the price will be a different due to currency, more curious about the extras. Thanks

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Chris, do you have lots of stock on Mountain Addiction gas racks and bags? Looking for my Pro, have to get rid of that POS Burandt bag.........

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have some small bags and cans and rail kits in stock right now.

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On my 12 I can run my 13.1 all day long at home on prem fuel.

Really.😏 you must be running stock Polaris pistons. Please expand on your altitude you are at. Also is there any other mods on the sled? Maybe a pipe/can maybe fixkit ,pcv. Maybe a splash😍 of Av gas. What map are U running if using a pcv?

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really.😏 you must be running stock Polaris pistons. Please expand on your altitude you are at. Also is there any other mods on the sled? Maybe a pipe/can maybe fixkit ,pcv. Maybe a splash😍 of Av gas. What map are U running if using a pcv?

I run the PAR 13.1:1 head and HPS can on my '12 at 3000' on Shell Gold. It runs awesome. No detonation at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run the PAR 13.1:1 head and HPS can on my '12 at 3000' on Shell Gold. It runs awesome. No detonation at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Is the timing or something different on the pros why guys are having issues with detonation? I ran a 13.5 at home on my summit with shell gold and no issues. It seems lots of guys with lower having problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shell premium has no ethanol, probably a big part of it. I won't run anything but shell premium in anything other than my vehicles.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a friend of mine put the rk tek drop in with the 12.5 domes on it and couldnt run around sask without almost a full tank of 100LL.

i know a guy running a par 13.1 on his 13 pro around sask and has to run a 1/4 tank of 100LL.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really. you must be running stock Polaris pistons. Please expand on your altitude you are at. Also is there any other mods on the sled? Maybe a pipe/can maybe fixkit ,pcv. Maybe a splash of Av gas. What map are U running if using a pcv?

REALLY!!!!!!!! MTNTK full mod porting,pipe,mtntk pistons,13.1 head prem fuel no det at 2500 feet I do have to run in the ethanol position or it will det.

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
REALLY!!!!!!!! MTNTK full mod porting,pipe,mtntk pistons,13.1 head prem fuel no det at 2500 feet I do have to run in the ethanol position or it will det.

Okay well guys I do know who he is. Very interesting. Im running MTNTK fix kit with PA 13.1head SLP pipe combo with PCV using ONLY Shell premium. Altitude here is 1849ft. Just had to clean the map up right at the 5000rpm mark. In the premium setting will det unless I run 60%av that is for here. Never used the ethanol mode because you are adding more fuel and the timing curve is changed. Now I see how U might be getting away with all your mods and only premium. I will try the ethanol mod this year. As For driving this sled at my altitude I don't I have a swb assault that I use. But I do try to do testing a little bit around home to make sure things are good once I get to the hills. Seems to me that there are some combos that work great for people and others not so much. So Chris I assume if you can run premium at such a low altitude that you must just be running it at elevation, And all your doing is switching the ethanol plug to premium??

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay well guys I do know who he is. Very interesting. Im running MTNTK fix kit with PA 13.1head SLP pipe combo with PCV using ONLY Shell premium. Altitude here is 1849ft. Just had to clean the map up right at the 5000rpm mark. In the premium setting will det unless I run 60%av that is for here. Never used the ethanol mode because you are adding more fuel and the timing curve is changed. Now I see how U might be getting away with all your mods and only premium. I will try the ethanol mod this year. As For driving this sled at my altitude I don't I have a swb assault that I use. But I do try to do testing a little bit around home to make sure things are good once I get to the hills. Seems to me that there are some combos that work great for people and others not so much. So Chris I assume if you can run premium at such a low altitude that you must just be running it at elevation, And all your doing is switching the ethanol plug to premium??

If I remember right you where the one who said that changing the pistons in a well engineered motor that polaris designed would be like throwing away cash to the wind. Its interesting that you as professor in small engines would take the risk and made the switch. lol

Top Bottom