how to get my sled out of limp mode

summit 800 x

Reaction score
Have a 2008 summit x 800r and she overheated today and threw it into limp mode..... how do I get it out and I was told to get a temp module what should I get? Any recomendations?

Giver800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure about the limp mode issue and how to resolve that other than shutting it off and letting it cool down. But here is the link on the brp website for the temperature modules that just plugs into your existing wiring harness and then mounts on top of the main air box. MODULES - Ski-Doo .

treeboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just stop an let it cool down, toss snow on the cooler and or also chain saw the track into the snow like Chris brown and the limp mode should go away. Over heated my 08 many of time and done this with no problems.

team-x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are on the original flash from the factory, you need to go get it hooked up to buds to remove limp mode. There was an update in ~2010 or something like that so that when you shut it down it clears the limp mode, if you are on the 08 flash it wont go away when you restart it. I got lucky with this...I was already on the way down the trail when it happened to me, if it happened to me when I was 9 bowls back there would have been no way I was getting my sled out on limp mode

Top Bottom