How to change chain case oil?

bourgon

Reaction score
Looked at my 08 xp and can't figure out how to drain oil with out pulling the case cover off. If so do you need a new gasket and how often shood it be changed?
Thanks for the help

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a drain plug at the bottom,like oler1234 says you should take cover off and inspect eveything. Good luck

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did not see a drain plug changed mine yesterday
it is a small plug that takes an allen wrench, it's on the very bottom. it's messy to change it that way and takes forever to drain. best way is to tip the sled on it's side and pull the cover, and just mop the oil out with a rag. prop the bar and rear of the tunnel so the chaincase lays flat and there will be no mess. be very careful not to overtighten the bolts upon re-assembly, as the threads strip very easily.

pictures3463Small.jpg

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only thing wrong in the picture is no beer. Didn't say anything in the manual about a drain plug, once I had the cover of I never thought of looking for the plug. Oh well good to go for the 16th..

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only thing wrong in the picture is no beer. Didn't say anything in the manual about a drain plug, once I had the cover of I never thought of looking for the plug. Oh well good to go for the 16th..
note the fridge in the corner....:D

but iced tea is my drink of choice

Top Bottom