How many running Elkas and raptors?

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Elka's were an immediate improvement. Just so much more adjustment that maybe necessary for a mountain sled. you can adjust the shocks fast compression and the slow compression separately. as well as how fast you want the rebound to react.

They are about $950 a shock.

You are talking about a stage 5 shock, your pricing is off. Stage 5 is about 1500 for the front.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are talking about a stage 5 shock, your pricing is off. Stage 5 is about 1500 for the front.

Yes I am talking about the stage 5. I had bought the complete set but had forgotten exactly what I paid. I think the centre shock was a little cheaper. The rear came with my baker rear arm.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A little fact here peoples is that oler1234 may be able to point anybody wanting Elka shocks in the right direction. He is in the know. :phone:

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haven't had much experience with the Elkas in the past, but quite a bit with the Fox stuff. The fox stuff has come a long way from years past IMO, and there is definitely a line in the sand where the Evol's a large step up from the standard Float's.

In any case bringing few sets of demo Elkas into the shop for a few guys to try before they buy on T3's this year. Be curious to make some comparisions.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been running a full set of Raptors for a few seasons now on my main ride. I also have another bone stocker. There are days where I will not take the stocker simply due to the stock suspension. The improvement in handling and lack of a body beating over a stock shock is quite impressive. Try grabbing your stock shocks after a long rip and then compare that to an aftermarket shock, you will be blown away with the heat difference.

Raptors are super easy to setup and Jake and the crew are always available to chat setup. But if you follow the recommendations you receive with your shocks, you will be very close to the best "general" setting. BUT thats not the point. They are very easy to adjust and your performance and rider fatigue will improve with simply a few clicks in either direction depending on the conditions you are facing.

Yes shocks are a pricey option, but if your able to do the upgrade, by all means they are a benefit.

sscamaro_skwark

Reaction score
On my stock xp sleds if you have feet in right spot sled rides around you and you keep your arms loose, amazing after long day out
But I have never tried aftermarket shocks
May be better on ride in but not sure as I love the smell and sound of two stroke sleds
It is the only reason I get out of bed after 2 weeks sledding

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got raptors in the front of my 15 154x best ride I have ever experienced. Thinking of upgrading in the skid some time.

Pedaling pete

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had raptors and all te powder coating chipped off in 200km and the springs rusted out.

Going to try these out, remote reserviors you can add to your stock shocks.

OUTSTANDING ADJUSTABILITY, BETTER COOLING, LESS FADE ARE ONLY A FEW TRAITS THESE BAD BOYS OFFER!!!
Switch out your stock reservoir or we can simply add one to your stock shocks. The reservoirs offer outstanding adjustability in both low speed compression as while as high speed compression. The adjustor design reduces the "kicking effect" common with high speed hits or square edge bumps. These reservoirs offer a responsive firm feel, yet the ride will be plush for the long rides as well reducing rider fatigue. With the compact size the reservoirs can be added to most applications. This is an impressive upgrade for those of you demanding more from your shocks.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the coating chip off of my Raptor springs the first season they were out. Raptor replaced the springs with the newer SIC coat springs under warranty. the work to swap them out was even done by Martins mechanics when I took it in for a checkup!

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haven't touched any settings since i've installed all four Raptors, why you might ask. Dont feel they needed any, happy with not having to beat the body anymore. Almost weird at first riding with them, you think to slow down on some holes you normally would. Hit them even harder and this combination just eats them up.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there anyone in Canada that does a good rebuild/revalve for a decent price?

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What shocks, how many km on them, why do you think you need a re valve. I got all the tools.

More just curious. I had mine rebuilt and revalved by Monster performance last year. The price was WAY different than enzo so just wondering if there were any reasonable rebuilders north of the 40. As far as the revalve.......I have just heard they are much better with different valving. I dont have enough kms on mine to say Ive noticed a giant difference. Ive heard some say you can accomplish the same thing by putting heavier oil in?

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cost really depends on parts needed for the rebuild. you have your basic charge like oil and nitrogen. other than that, it could just be basic o-ring seals, bushings, worn out piston lands, pistons, scored cylinders, etc. Most people do not rebuild there shocks in proper intervals and then un-necessary wear happens. Mayby this is a good time to start a elka rebuild thread, I am currently doing my personal set. As for valving, yes, you can just run heavier oil if you want a more firm shock. oil is a huge topic for shocks.

markoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had some work done on my raptor shocks and when I told them my springs were rusting because the paint was flakeing off they sent me brand new springs. Awesome shocks and even better service.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cost really depends on parts needed for the rebuild. you have your basic charge like oil and nitrogen. other than that, it could just be basic o-ring seals, bushings, worn out piston lands, pistons, scored cylinders, etc. Most people do not rebuild there shocks in proper intervals and then un-necessary wear happens. Mayby this is a good time to start a elka rebuild thread, I am currently doing my personal set. As for valving, yes, you can just run heavier oil if you want a more firm shock. oil is a huge topic for shocks.

I'm curious, So when is a good time to rebuild or the time to rebuild.

Last edited:
Top Bottom