Hot Tubs

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wife is wanting a hot tub. We (I mean she) has looked at multiple types. One is a Coyote tub (Pomona), another is a Maax (Elite series 8500), and the last one is made by Bullfrog. Has anybody had any experience with these tubs, good or bad, but please don't bash as i'm sure they all have a good and bad qualities that go with them. With being in Medicine Hat not too many dealers here so if anyone local has a favorite local store please let me know good and bad about them also. Thanks

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I went used with mine...looked for quite a while then found a smokin deal on a 3 yr old 6 man for $750 and had Steve aka. ColdOne here on the site do up all the wiring and GFI pannel for me.... total cost of under $1500 and by far asside from my divorce the best money I've ever spent....

I've experienced awesome service from all 3 shops I've used....

Arctic Spas - went in for start up procedure instruction and chemicals, he stated that he would love to sell me stuff but because my tub is a beachcomber I really should deal with them for this particular unit. Very professional and friendly...[
Beachcomber - Very knowlegeable on thier brand, friendly, good service... detailed advice after testing water samples and ongoing customer support.
Bullfrog - Very nice units, and the idea of modular jet packs makes a lot of sense, friendly, good service, knowlegable.

My 2 cents

Wife is wanting a hot tub. We (I mean she) has looked at multiple types. One is a Coyote tub (Pomona), another is a Maax (Elite series 8500), and the last one is made by Bullfrog. Has anybody had any experience with these tubs, good or bad, but please don't bash as i'm sure they all have a good and bad qualities that go with them. With being in Medicine Hat not too many dealers here so if anyone local has a favorite local store please let me know good and bad about them also. Thanks

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had one from koko beach at our other house. Replaced the pump on it once. No other issues.
This time we got one at Sun Ray spas. It's a year and a half old now. It also has no issues or problems.
Easy to take care of.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am not sure if this is your first tub or not but from our experience and others we know is to avoid the gimmicks they try to sell with all the jets, waterfalls, fancy lights etc etc. I gave my brother in law the same advice but he went ahead and spent a few thousand bucks more for the bells and whistles and now he tells me he should have taken my advice. Good luck :)

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
We have an 8 - 10 person hot tub(we've had at least 20 in it at one time :))........ From beachcomber and it's coming on 18 years old, and only had a few minor issues with the tub over the 18 years...... It's still running strong, and we use it at least 2 or 3 times a week

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
We have an 8 - 10 person hot tub(we've had at least 20 in it at one time :))........ From beachcomber and it's coming on 18 years old, and only had a few minor issues with the tub over the 18 years...... It's still running strong, and we use it at least 2 or 3 times a week

It works great that you have one, saved me thousands of dolars....lol

parked...so i can text

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This will be our second tub. The first one was a dinosaur, we bought used, put it in fixed on it and then the breaker kicked one winter and it froze so with its age and shape refused to fix it. Took it out of the deck and every year she gets the itch for another but this year she is more pressing for one. Looked at the above mentioned ones, and one is reg price at 13g an sale for 8g (so they say) but has a small crack above the water line which will be repaired. The other priced at 8900 (includes tax, step, cover and cover lifter, and delivery) is the one she really likes. It does have bells and whistles. So we will see what she has up her sleeve tonight, when she tells me the one we are getting

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This will be our second tub. The first one was a dinosaur, we bought used, put it in fixed on it and then the breaker kicked one winter and it froze so with its age and shape refused to fix it. Took it out of the deck and every year she gets the itch for another but this year she is more pressing for one. Looked at the above mentioned ones, and one is reg price at 13g an sale for 8g (so they say) but has a small crack above the water line which will be repaired. The other priced at 8900 (includes tax, step, cover and cover lifter, and delivery) is the one she really likes. It does have bells and whistles. So we will see what she has up her sleeve tonight, when she tells me the one we are getting

If it is available, pay for the ozonator and eliminate the usage of chemicals. Did that 4 years ago and love it.

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went used with mine...looked for quite a while then found a smokin deal on a 3 yr old 6 man for $750 and had Steve aka. ColdOne here on the site do up all the wiring and GFI pannel for me.... total cost of under $1500 and by far asside from my divorce the best money I've ever spent....

I've experienced awesome service from all 3 shops I've used....

Arctic Spas - went in for start up procedure instruction and chemicals, he stated that he would love to sell me stuff but because my tub is a beachcomber I really should deal with them for this particular unit. Very professional and friendly...[
Beachcomber - Very knowlegeable on thier brand, friendly, good service... detailed advice after testing water samples and ongoing customer support.
Bullfrog - Very nice units, and the idea of modular jet packs makes a lot of sense, friendly, good service, knowlegable.

My 2 cents
I cant believe you didnt go with Dr. Hot tub. What a bunch of clowns they are. They wont even change a light bulb in your tub unless they do a $250 evaluation on your hot tub which turns into an automatic $3500.

rmk 800 144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I cant believe you didnt go with Dr. Hot tub. What a bunch of clowns they are. They wont even change a light bulb in your tub unless they do a $250 evaluation on your hot tub which turns into an automatic $3500.

Well I guess longhairfreak got screwed big time and I mean screwed!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca

I dont have a tub, but used to do some concrete work and pool installation work for Spatacular. Were always treated well by them.

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well she decided and we are going with the MAAX Spa Elite 8500. Thanks for the input on the ozonator we took that option, I will PM each of you who recomended it and send you an address so you can submit you payment to me (lol). Now if the weather would cooperate so i can get my deck built so it can be delivered/installed would be great. With my luck I will be up north working when it shows up.

Top Bottom