Hook Lake

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finally took the RZR out and found hook lake. Hugh perch 12" to 13" in that lake! sorry only took the one photo with my cell phone.

Attachments

• Hook lake.jpg
    Hook lake.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 164

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We flew in there quite a number of years ago, we stayed a few days and fished but never caught anything... i guess i do not know how to catch perch, i have never caught one. There was no roads close by at that time.

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We flew in there quite a number of years ago, we stayed a few days and fished but never caught anything... i guess i do not know how to catch perch, i have never caught one. There was no roads close by at that time.

its a winter road that heads to La loche, sask.. No summer access from the alberta side, you can get to it from the sask side in the summer with an argo.

Sitruk

Reaction score
Hey Fallen, Were you the guy's that parked right on the trail with your trucks causing everyone else to bash through the schrubs to get around you ? There were two trucks and trailers parked right on the trail. I guess they thought they were going to be the only one's there.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whoops..... wrong hook lake the one i am thinking of is in BC behind ice mountain.

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Fallen, Were you the guy's that parked right on the trail with your trucks causing everyone else to bash through the schrubs to get around you ? There were two trucks and trailers parked right on the trail. I guess they thought they were going to be the only one's there.

no we backed into a unused cutline 12km from the cutline you use to get to hook. and if you wanted to use the cutline we were backed into theres was a good 12ft to get around us. we had a black enclosed pulled by a silver chev d-max. only one truck and one trailer. there were other guys on the lake with us that were there already but they drove right in with their vechiles. other than that we didnt see anyone else. this was last thrusday.

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whoops..... wrong hook lake the one i am thinking of is in BC behind ice mountain.

oh ya totally different haha the lake im talking of everyone calls it hook lake but if you wanna google map it, it's called kimowin lake.

Sitruk

Reaction score
Fallen, ya it was not you, we went in at the 49km cutline. The guy's had a 2 place open trailer. They were parked right on the road in front of the small parking lot, which was empty ! Did you catch you limit ?

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fallen, ya it was not you, we went in at the 49km cutline. The guy's had a 2 place open trailer. They were parked right on the road in front of the small parking lot, which was empty ! Did you catch you limit ?

we didnt have much luck the wind was really bad so once we set up our tent we didnt wanna move we only caught 3 perch and 5 pike, but it was fun cause it was our first time out to that lake! We'll diffinitly be going back!!

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we didnt have much luck the wind was really bad so once we set up our tent we didnt wanna move we only caught 3 perch and 5 pike, but it was fun cause it was our first time out to that lake! We'll diffinitly be going back!!

When you come on to the lake you should be on the left side of the cabins, go straight across to the land mass in front of you and fish anywhere from 5 feet to 30 feet, when you start to catch one that where you want to stay. They seem to move from shallow to deeper, it's just a matter of finding them.

If there is nothing there bare to the right of that land mass and follow it as far as you can go when the land mass on your left blends into a right turn stay out about 1/8 of a mile and test the water there.

Happy fishing....

Oh, use a russian hook (greenish in color with a single red dot).

Top Bottom