Honda xr 400 vs Honda xr 250

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 250 is nice for slow tight trails, the 400 has a bit longer wheelbase and shines where trails are a bit more wide open. The 400 weighs about 30 lbs more and also has an oil cooler. 250 is a six speed, 400 is a 5 speed. The term "better" is subjective to your style and preference of riding.

mxzguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had an XR 400 was a great trail bike second only to the WR 450 I had after it. It could climb any thing I rode an XR 250 it was good bike too but I preferred the 400 the only thing I didn't like about it was if you laid it down it was a pain to get started again may as well take off your helmet as you are in for a good cardio workout.

winterax

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had an XR 400 was a great trail bike second only to the WR 450 I had after it. It could climb any thing I rode an XR 250 it was good bike too but I preferred the 400 the only thing I didn't like about it was if you laid it down it was a pain to get started again may as well take off your helmet as you are in for a good cardio workout.
LMAO, i remember those days with my 400. Even named a creek crossing "Tourets Creek " cause that's where I would always fall over & the rest of the group would have a smoke or eat lunch while I strung together some pretty nasty sayings while tryin to start that thing :)

Top Bottom