Hm turbos wants input designing the new 800h.o. Turbo kit

hmturbos

Reaction score

Engineering a turbo kit for the new 800H.O. will be a challenge. Hm has a 2015 Axys with the new engine, in the new platform, that assembly and testing will start in January 2015. The build needs input from snowmobilers who own and or want to purchase a turbo kit. That is why we would like to hear what you are looking for in a turbo kit and what you expect in a kit from Hm Turbos. Please offer your input so Hm Turbos can build the best kit for the future Polaris 800H.O.
Some points of interest to comment:

Price point?
Base kit and Deluxe kit?
Upgrading base kit?
Turbo Brand or Type?
Oil style turbo or Oil less?
Intercooled or Non-intercooled?
Piggy back or Stand alone fuel management?
Brands of fuel management?
Electronic boost control?
Fuel type? pump or av gas combo?
Power level? 5,6,7,8,9,10 more psi?
Spool up time?
Noise level?
Installation time?
Engine Durability?
Dealer or Direct?
Other comments?

Thanks for your input, all posts will be valued in the new build.

Last edited:

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Engineering a turbo kit for the new 800H.O. will be a challenge. Hm has a 2015 Axys with the new engine, in the new platform, that assembly and testing will start in January 2015. The build needs input from snowmobilers who own and or want to purchase a turbo kit. That is why we would like to hear what you are looking for in a turbo kit and what you expect in a kit from Hm Turbos. Please offer your input so Hm Turbos can build the best kit for the future Polaris 800H.O.
Some points of interest to comment:

Price point?
Base kit and Deluxe kit?
Upgrading base kit?
Turbo Brand or Type?
Oil style turbo or Oil less?
Intercooled or Non-intercooled?
Piggy back or Stand alone fuel management?
Brands of fuel management?
Electronic boost control?
Fuel type? pump or av gas combo?
Power level? 5,6,7,8,9,10 more psi?
Spool up time?
Noise level?
Installation time?
Engine Durability?
Dealer or Direct?
Other comments?

Thanks for your input, all posts will be valued in the new build.

So far I am very happy with the kit you have built for the pro I have now.
I feel that your is product superior to others and I have no problem paying for that. As long as it comparable to others of your calibre.
I want the deluxe kit. Lots of cheap kits for the new guy to start with.
I don't feel that upgrading is what somebody will do. Build a whole new sled if the kit isn't enough. JMO.
I like the variable vein turbo.
oil less if also nice and clean.
Water to air intercooler.
Stand along management. I love this.
EBC is cool but if it isn't reliable why use it. Most can lay off the throttle till in elevation or adjust for elevation.
I run Av gas and don't mind it.
I run at 10lbs
I prefer instant response.
Don't care about noise.
I expect a top notch kit to take time to install.
2000 miles of durability is fine with me.
I can twist my own wrenches and prefer to install myself.
The only thing that I have found that I don't like about your install was the gear ratio you use. I geared way down and really enjoy the outcome.

Little Buddy

Reaction score
Quiet is nice.. I have had plenty of noisy, no muffler, for no real benefit.
less is more - oil less for clean install.
upgradable with 2 different price points. Base kit $$ full kit $$$.
i for one dont like having to fiddle with it to make it work. Fuel tuner should be plug and play.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Personally I believe it has to run right above all else, it doesn't matter what fueling system is put on as long as it runs good consistently or can be quickly tuned by the user to do so.
I personally like garret turbos, parts are easy to get if there is issues unlike a one off variable vane piece. I have no issues with a separate oiling system for a turbo, as it leaves stock oil injection system alone.
I also believe a basic kit could come without an intercooler or boost controller, but on the upgraded kit these are a must almost every other brand has them. Boost could run the same way, basic kit good to 6 or 7 psi, but upgraded kit good for 8+ psi.
Option to have all necessary clutching and gearing for a complete install.

Catberg

Reaction score
I love my 2014 pro on the av gas kit. Most important to me is that I pull the cord and it flat out rips flawlessly trip after trip. Zero adjustments. Zero issues. I like that it's not too loud. I think the price is competitive. Quality costs and I'm willing to pay. No lag with the variable vane is slick. No complaints here. No I need more track, skid and suspension to handle the wheelies that the stock setup won't overcome.

Addicted to boost.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love my 2014 pro on the av gas kit. Most important to me is that I pull the cord and it flat out rips flawlessly trip after trip. Zero adjustments. Zero issues. I like that it's not too loud. I think the price is competitive. Quality costs and I'm willing to pay. No lag with the variable vane is slick. No complaints here. No I need more track, skid and suspension to handle the wheelies that the stock setup won't overcome.

Addicted to boost.

On mine I run the C3 belt drive, 3" track, and a Baker Rear suspension (racers edge). I recently geared it down to 2.21 running 7 tooth avid drivers.

All I can say is Hory Shet. This thing just flat out pulls.

Top Bottom