hillclimb or snocross in alberta

800polaris

Reaction score
does any body know of any hillclimb or snocross events in alberta this year? I am trying to get involved with 1 or the other. Can any body help me with this

chriscat1000

Reaction score
check out nsra.com or go to brownsleisureworld.com they had a snowcross circuit not sure if its still going used to race it not anymore

team arctic cat

Reaction score
there is absolutly nothing! honestly alberta is probally the worst province to snowmobile in...and if people disagree then they havent left alberta to snowmobile there is nothing, no snocross,hill climbs nothing... the closest snocross circuit is the ucma circuit and its sask to ontario there is one race in alberta thats cold lake march 6 and 7th... im hoping alberta starts somthing up becuase the trail ridin just doesn't cut it. if there is something cool here in alberta i would like to know other wise pack your stuff up and ride bc...the nsracing website advertises races in the states and other circuits, but still nothing in alberta! only thing alberta has is oil

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there is absolutly nothing! honestly alberta is probally the worst province to snowmobile in...and if people disagree then they havent left alberta to snowmobile there is nothing, no snocross,hill climbs nothing... the closest snocross circuit is the ucma circuit and its sask to ontario there is one race in alberta thats cold lake march 6 and 7th... im hoping alberta starts somthing up becuase the trail ridin just doesn't cut it. if there is something cool here in alberta i would like to know other wise pack your stuff up and ride bc...the nsracing website advertises races in the states and other circuits, but still nothing in alberta! only thing alberta has is oil
well then go move to another province and quit complaining,or do somthing about it:rant:

Justin_sane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree that it's kinda lame. I'm from Ontario and there's tons of snowcross and motocross there. I wonder what it would take to get it going here.

Sounds like it's time to contact some people in the know...

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I agree that it's kinda lame. I'm from Ontario and there's tons of snowcross and motocross there. I wonder what it would take to get it going here.

Sounds like it's time to contact some people in the know...

sounds like we have a couple of volunteers to spear head a snowcross event.

jay007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I could be wrong but I thought i heard something last year about Grande Prairie holding a hill climb at the ski hill at the end of the ski season???

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I could be wrong but I thought i heard something last year about Grande Prairie holding a hill climb at the ski hill at the end of the ski season???

Last year it was cancelled due to insurance issuses. Haven't heard of anything coming up either. Tumbler Ridge quit hill climb events years ago because of insurance issuses.

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We can all drive 2 or 3 hours and ride the best stuff in the world. What is snocross ?

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is snocross ?

Snowcross is like riding the trail to the alpine, but you go around in a circle instead. I tried to watch it on TV once, but got dizzy and fell off the couch.

Someone once told me its like watching the dog chase its tail, but not as entertaining.... :D

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this post.

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snowcross is like riding the trail to the alpine, but you go around in a circle instead. I tried to watch it on TV once, but got dizzy and fell off the couch.

Someone once told me its like watching the dog chase its tail, but not as entertaining.... :D

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this post.

heheheeh.
I can beat the crap out of my sled on hard packed jumps, or ride endless powder bowls, I've made my choice and I'll stick to it.
Blair Morgan is the man by way.

hogster008

Reaction score
I would love another option to driving six to eight hours to Vale or Revy. Some of these other opinions are just that opinions. Not all us can afford to head to hills as much as we want or dont have the time. But if I could ride to track and rip it up on a different sled for a day that wold be wicked. I would love to watch some snocross events close to home as well. All I really know is the snow drags in wetaskiwin, how fun is that to sit there and watch sleds go in a straight line? But it still is sledding and I love to watch them run. If someone is willing to get something rolling I would help as much as I could.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would love another option to driving six to eight hours to Vale or Revy. Some of these other opinions are just that opinions. Not all us can afford to head to hills as much as we want or dont have the time. But if I could ride to track and rip it up on a different sled for a day that wold be wicked. I would love to watch some snocross events close to home as well. All I really know is the snow drags in wetaskiwin, how fun is that to sit there and watch sleds go in a straight line? But it still is sledding and I love to watch them run. If someone is willing to get something rolling I would help as much as I could.

I know man, I was just funning with these guys. I used to drive oval race cars......"Turn Left". I know what going around in a circle is all about. :D More sled events would be great, but as stated, insurance is what always kills sled events.

catfamily

Reaction score
i agree, there needs to be something organized in alberta. My son and i were involved in the nsra for the last 2 years racing snocross around alberta and sask, but this year we did not get a schedule and no reply from the organizers about what was going on. We have searched all over to find some sort of snowmobile racing circuit, but have found nothing short of ontario or the states. we are starting to think we will have to go to the states. We have also talked to local dealers, but they only know of the nsra. Their answer was to organize something myself,but untill i seen this tread i thought there was not much interest. Maybe a bunch of us should get together and see what we can do. If anybody finds anything out about any kind of racing i would appreciate you letting me know.

Justin_sane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with the driving distance thing. Maybe it's 2 or 3 hours for you Calgary guys but for Edmonton people there's nothing short of 4 hours. More like 6-8 as mentioned. When I was in Ontario, I wouldn't have to go more than a couple hours in any direction to find a track. And how is snowcross like watching a dog chase it's tail, there's much more fun hitting jumps over and over again , than riding the trails here. Or driving 12 hour round trips every month or couple months for a weekend if fun here and there. I would love to be able to consistantly ride in the mountains. It would e a dream come true, but I can't so that's why I'm posting this lol.

I would actually love to get involved in trying to organize
something, if anyone else want to join in, let me know and let's look at doing something about it. Support is always good, and people know people, some of whom may be able to help us get something going.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Lawyers and judges have ruined the racing division in Alberta. I crashed my fault but I will sue you anyway. Just saying
Very hard to get insurance cheaply. Way to many rules to make it accesible to Joe Snowmobiler to get started.
#1 reason We are to close to the mountains. Challenge your buddies there

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wanted to try my hand at snocross racing a few years back and found out pretty quick that there is absolutely nothing in this province for snocross. I still want to give it a go but I'll probably have to build my own private track if I ever want to make it some sort of reality.

Remember hillcross in Winter X Games? That was such a cool event IMO. I'd love to see a circuit like that come about...

Top Bottom