high river flooding RCMP lawsuit

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
People keep compairing guns and cars? Last time i checked my car wasn't invented and designed with the purpose to launch a projectile at a target with the intention to kill. Yes, you can shoot at paper targets but that isn't the intention or purpose of a gun. Just because you are not killing something it doesn't take away from the reason the gun was invented in the first place.

The inert object in question does not contain any intention....intention is contained within the mind of the human using the object.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is analogy, in bible time's Cain and Abel were brother's, son's of Adam and Eve. Cain was the first human to commit murder by killing his brother Abel with a rock. The rock was the "weapon", with out Cain's action its just a rock.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A Rocket launcher is just an inanimate object too,, whats your point? wait don't answer that, there is no point....

PS: I am a proud gun owner.

Pantherscry

Reaction score
Here is analogy, in bible time's Cain and Abel were brother's, son's of Adam and Eve. Cain was the first human to commit murder by killing his brother Abel with a rock. The rock was the "weapon", with out Cain's action its just a rock.

Again it comes down the the reason he gun, car, rock was invented. Rock may be hard to provide a reson but a gun was invented to kill. A car was inveted to make transportation easy. Is a rpg or a cruse missile a weapond? They all fall under the same umbrella of the reason they exsist is to kill.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Again it comes down the the reason he gun, car, rock was invented. Rock may be hard to provide a reson but a gun was invented to kill. A car was inveted to make transportation easy. Is a rpg or a cruse missile a weapond? They all fall under the same umbrella of the reason they exsist is to kill.
You are correct that there are objects that were created for the sole purpose of destruction, like tank's, missile's. "Not the firearm".
The firearm is an extension of our evolution, we made stone axes and spear's to help us hunt and feed our families, we created bow's and arrow's that made us better hunter's to feed our families, then gun's were invented and how these tool's were used determines if they were weapon's or just a tool.
Through out history human's have used all kind's of object's to kill other human's and the firearm was no exception, but unlike a tank or missile it was not for the sole purpose of killing human's. That's the difference.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca

I hate to break it to ya, but you will NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER win an anti-gun argument with pro-gun people. Not in a hundred thousand bazzilion years.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Because I always love a good debate.....

I have to agree. My coffee cup has the "potential" to kill, but I did not buy it "knowing" it could kill. I have owned guns, and I am sure like any other gun owner, when the gun is purchased it is conciously known the gun was designed for the purpose of killing. It may have started as a tool for gathering food (killing), but was also eventually used to kill another man. Once that trigger was pulled and another man shot...............conciously or subconsiously, we all know in our mind that gun was designed for the purpose of killing.....not drinking coffee.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Chinese invented the gun in the 12th century as a military weapon. It wasn't used for killing animals tell much later.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't think anyone here is talking about a handheld "fire lance". If you want to go that far back then all those guns in asia were used to kill other men.

The Chinese invented the gun in the 12th century as a military weapon. It wasn't used for killing animals tell much later.

Pantherscry

Reaction score
I hate to break it to ya, but you will NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER win an anti-gun argument with pro-gun people. Not in a hundred thousand bazzilion years.

Very true haha. I am not anti-gun by any means. I just think it is a weapond not simply a tool. I suppose my opinion on the topic has been made. For the original conversation I do think what the rcmp did was not appropriate. A question that I never had answered was what happend to the guns? I assume all were destroyed?

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Very true haha. I am not anti-gun by any means. I just think it is a weapond not simply a tool. I suppose my opinion on the topic has been made. For the original conversation I do think what the rcmp did was not appropriate. A question that I never had answered was what happend to the guns? I assume all were destroyed?

"Destroyed", I'm sure. Just like all the ammo.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Don't think anyone here is talking about a handheld "fire lance". If you want to go that far back then all those guns in asia were used to kill other men.

The firearm was originally invented in China during the 13th century AD, after the Chinese invented gunpowder during the 9th century AD. The fire lance was invented in China during the 10th century and it is the predecessor of all firearms.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Because I always love a good debate.....

It may have started as a tool for gathering food (killing), but was also eventually used to kill another man. .

Point is that it did not start as a tool for gathering food..... It started as a military weapon and it still is.

But yes you can kill deer with them too. Or put holes in paper.

images

rebel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sold on the black market maybe? ?

jonyblade

Reaction score
the day is soon coming when the people will fight back because of those who are sworn to protect us, the list is endless on "law enforcement" boundaries being broken and abuse of power, it happens on a daily basis, and yet, still no consequences for such individuals, this rcmp dad who stands behind his colleagues,good on ya buddy,,,,,,,,,not,, this is exactly why it still happens and more do it all the time, and don't get me going on the I.S.I.S. situation, WW3 is approaching fast, the world is a scary place right now and it will get bad, i have never owned a gun, but am feeling it may be time to get one, the FACT that police can kill you, really for no reason, for example th toronto streetcar guy with a knife, and many others, scares the crap out of me, have you noticed how many people in North America turn on a video camera now when the flashers go on, caught red handed in abuse situation and still nothing, whats it going to take, for it to stop and we can actually be safe again, the people wil re claim the freedom we have lost, because wearing a badge means u can do virtually anything,because you were just following orders right?

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the day is soon coming when the people will fight back because of those who are sworn to protect us, the list is endless on "law enforcement" boundaries being broken and abuse of power, it happens on a daily basis, and yet, still no consequences for such individuals, this rcmp dad who stands behind his colleagues,good on ya buddy,,,,,,,,,not,, this is exactly why it still happens and more do it all the time, and don't get me going on the I.S.I.S. situation, WW3 is approaching fast, the world is a scary place right now and it will get bad, i have never owned a gun, but am feeling it may be time to get one, the FACT that police can kill you, really for no reason, for example th toronto streetcar guy with a knife, and many others, scares the crap out of me, have you noticed how many people in North America turn on a video camera now when the flashers go on, caught red handed in abuse situation and still nothing, whats it going to take, for it to stop and we can actually be safe again, the people wil re claim the freedom we have lost, because wearing a badge means u can do virtually anything,because you were just following orders right?

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

So rocks should be banned or locked up in a secure cabinet?

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yeah it's kinda akin to a religious war.

Top Bottom