Hey to all new rev owners with 151hp

• Thread starter motorsportaddiction
  • Start date
M

motorsportaddiction

The new dealer upgrade is detuning the rev because of all the warranty issues they have been having, so in order to help this problem they are knocking down the power. If I was a new rev owner I sure would be upset with this. I am not talking about the clutch kit either.

MoFoREVxp154

Reaction score
Ummmm....Who said it decressing HP. The only thing that has to do directly to the engine is a ECU update that does nothing to the performance and the oil pump adjustment is just increasing the reliability of the engine due to the extreme tolerences the engine has. Plus its recomended right from BRP to use full senythetic oil -ONLY AFTER THE ENGINE IS BROKEN IN ON MINERAL FOR 500 KM.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprized if they back off the timing, and richen the air/fuel ratio; along with the oil pump adjustment to reduce engine warranty issues.:( Too bad.....those things get wayyyy up the hill when they are dialed in properly.:eek: :)

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Detuning

I hope the new REV-XP that I/m ordering doesn/t come detuned:nono: . You would think that BRP had all season to work out a solution to the problem and not just turn down the power. With it being somewhat computor controlled it would be VERY easy to do. NOT GOOD:mad: if thats what they are doing. People payed lots of money for 151 HP and BRP might cut it back. Don/t want to panic I/m just going to ask the dealer if thats what happening. LOST has had Zero issues with his XRS this past season I wonder what he has done different than anyone else to make his good.:confused:

Top Bottom