Help with belt 670x

saint_nick3

Reaction score
I got a new belt for my 99 summit x and before I put it on I soked it in warm water with soap so I could clean it off. Put it on and set the belt defliction to spec and it is just sitting above the top of the secondary less than a 1/16 of an inch. My problem is that when I rode it around to make sure is was good. When I would come to a stop the belt felt like it was sticking and grabbing the primary and killed the sled. If anybody has any advice I would appreciate it. I never had this problem with the last belt.

crm1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
try cleaning the surfaces on both your primary and secondary if you havent already done that and soaking your belt and washing it with soap and water i have never heard of any one doing that i dont see any reason for it i have never had a problem installing a belt right off the counter!!!

saint_nick3

Reaction score
I cleaned the clutches, and I was told that cleaning the belt gets all the oil and crap off the belt from when it was made.

tko sled ed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.foxmaplehomes.com
Had that prob couple weekends ago. It was with a new ultimax belt, I think it was wider than my other belt, there for it was too tight. Set up the secondary last night. the ultimax belt had to sit flush with the top so it woun't be to tight. All is well now. other than i should buy a matching belt.:d

markoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your engine dies when you stop your belt is too tight. You have to measure deflection in the middle of the belt, not on the secondary.
some belts will sit up a bit on the secondary some will be flush. Also if you lift the back of your sled and the track starts spinning fast your belt is too tight.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I set deflection so that the track will just try and move when sitting up on a track stand.

Top Bottom