Help prevent the LOSS of recreational land usage in Southern Alberta

natman

Reaction score
I'm not to sure if anybody has posted on this subject yet, but I came across this and just wanted everybody to do some reading for themselves. It has to do with land use in southern Alberta and how they are looking to cut the use down to 0.5% of the land we use today. If you do any kind of outdoor activity on public land you MUST look at this.;

And this is a petition that has been started objecting the plan;

Prevent the LOSS of recreational land usage in Southern Alberta

Ron H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
C'mon guys before its too late and we loose er all. They're not gonna stop there each victory is amunition for the next battle.
If the "special interest groups" had any kind of a backbone they'd have perhaps posted on sites like this to come up with an amicable solution.
Unfortunately they covertly have been working against us for quite sometime.....Speaks volumes about who we are dealing with.
They're weary of getting beat up by big corporations so now they're goin for "easy pickens" (hopefully we can prove em wrong).

In fact I'd like to start a petition against tiptoeing around the forest and them "mountain bikes" are sure tearing things up. My point is why should they have er all to themselves

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
C'mon guys before its too late and we loose er all. They're not gonna stop there each victory is amunition for the next battle.
If the "special interest groups" had any kind of a backbone they'd have perhaps posted on sites like this to come up with an amicable solution.
Unfortunately they covertly have been working against us for quite sometime.....Speaks volumes about who we are dealing with.
They're weary of getting beat up by big corporations so now they're goin for "easy pickens" (hopefully we can prove em wrong).

In fact I'd like to start a petition against tiptoeing around the forest and them "mountain bikes" are sure tearing things up. My point is why should they have er all to themselves

wtf... do we pay taxes for... all the special interest groups are in those area cause we open up and maintain most of the trails... yes their are pigs who share the love of our sports ( thats a problem we need to fix) first thing everyone should do is join a clud! Never seen a guy on a mtn bike bring a chain saw on a spring ride to open up a trail????

Then we should make them understand how our power sports support the economy... how much money do we all dump into our toy? Its what I work for!

I will never stop riding. Its a free country or is it? Crown land is just that... Crown land (doesnt that mean it belong to the tax payer) special interest groups my ass... every time a city gets too big we pay the price so someone can walk their dog... happened to me as kid... first around Vancouver then Chilliwack... Hikers
tried to say trails on vedder mnt were maid by them... BS... i was hunting and riding that mnt before the trails were there... logging and dirt bikes made those trails...

everyone read this post and hopefully take the time to sign the petition... then go out and join your riding cluds and get involved...

if i loose my riding areas to hikers... ill rooster tail by them every time... no more nice guy! Cops can't chase car theives and drunks anymore do you think they're going to come out and chase a dirt bike or quad? Sorry not saying i do this but I would... im tired of this country's let make the whinners happy policy.. time us guys that spend money and help the economy start whinning too... my bike costs a lot more then hiking boots, gators and ski poles

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TTT

Takes 20 seconds to fill out guys & gals!

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
wtf... do we pay taxes for... all the special interest groups are in those area cause we open up and maintain most of the trails... yes their are pigs who share the love of our sports ( thats a problem we need to fix) first thing everyone should do is join a clud! Never seen a guy on a mtn bike bring a chain saw on a spring ride to open up a trail????

Then we should make them understand how our power sports support the economy... how much money do we all dump into our toy? Its what I work for!

I will never stop riding. Its a free country or is it? Crown land is just that... Crown land (doesnt that mean it belong to the tax payer) special interest groups my ass... every time a city gets too big we pay the price so someone can walk their dog... happened to me as kid... first around Vancouver then Chilliwack... Hikers
tried to say trails on vedder mnt were maid by them... BS... i was hunting and riding that mnt before the trails were there... logging and dirt bikes made those trails...

everyone read this post and hopefully take the time to sign the petition... then go out and join your riding cluds and get involved...

if i loose my riding areas to hikers... ill rooster tail by them every time... no more nice guy! Cops can't chase car theives and drunks anymore do you think they're going to come out and chase a dirt bike or quad? Sorry not saying i do this but I would... im tired of this country's let make the whinners happy policy.. time us guys that spend money and help the economy start whinning too... my bike costs a lot more then hiking boots, gators and ski poles

Somwthingnuw i hear your anger but what your saying about roosting and running for the cops and such is the wrong attitiude now. The government owns the crown land and can let who they want to use it.Times have changed and its not free land use no more. You need to get involved and fill out anything from the goverment go to a meeting write a letter and visit your MLA and explain to them your concerns in a positive responsible way. Keep calm and lay down your concerns.

Top Bottom